Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PRP injections are regenerating my knee cartilage & ligaments  (Read 247678 times)

Offline Affliction79

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: PRP injections are regenerating my knee cartilage & ligaments
« Reply #375 on: April 26, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »
Hey Ashok,
Yes I am planning to do my own injections soon. I have been studying video, and watching my prolotherapist. I'm running a cycle of anavar/t3/clen, to help get my body back in order first. Looking to do my first injection by July. Will definitely keep you and everyone else posted.

Irentat,
got an email from Vexen today, he was saying how the test suspension can sting pretty good going in. What are your experiences with that? Would I be better of adding sterile water or fit B12?

To everyone reading and participating in this thread, realize, what we are experimenting with is groundbreaking, and anyone brave enough to go ahead with these protocols is a pioneer. Just make sure you are thorough in all your knowledge and techniques. Ask many questions and be well versed. Good luck everyone!

Offline fastglycolytic

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
Hey Affliction

Where did you get the videos for injecting? I would be interested in obtaining them.

Bryan

Offline fastglycolytic

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2012, 07:54:38 PM »
Affliction

How much testosterone do you plan on injecting and how often?

Bryan

Offline flowride

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »
Hey fast
If you ask vexen nicely, he could send you the link for the torrent to download. You can also email me at [email protected] if you like. When I start doing mine, I will start videotaping my sessions to show others for assistance. As for the test, I'm gonna inject 50ml every 5 days. The most important thing to know is the anatomy of the joint, and also to pinpoint where your problem areas are. It's best to get an mri if you can, if not, go to the area of the joint with the most pain. By studying my prolo doc's injections, I have found the areas that I feel works and the areas that don't. You guys down in the United States are lucky as in the fact there are prolo docs that will inject test, but unfortunately here in Canada, it's against the law without a prescription, and even then I don't know any promo doc that would be willing to use it off label. My opinion though is you would be better off asking Irentat, as he has the most experience on here doing these injections, where I havnt started yet, and wouldn't want to give you the wrong advice. Good luck!

Affliction,

There are a few people I'd love to actually talk with on here.  You and irentat are two of them.  I've spoken with Rob Wilson, who gave the Regenexx procedure good reviews, but the only problem is that I'm likely looking at 2-3 treatments.  The left knee might not need that much, but the right one will.  Well, at least I have a decent 401k and a couple of spare vehicles to sell if need be!  In any event, my email is [email protected].com.  If you've got that vid, I'd be extremely grateful if you shared it. 

Offline vexen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »
Hi flowride,

I can set you up with the vids, just drop me a mail. Should probably keep the circle small as possible as I might get in trouble sooner or later for uploading them, lol.

Offline Affliction79

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2012, 10:46:23 PM »
Flowride,
Vexen is probably right, get in touch with him, or I'm sure he has probably contacted you by now via email. I will get in touch with you as well. Good to start a circle of friends to help each other out. I'll send you some interesting links I have, in the meantime, study your prolotherapist like a hawk. Ask him a million questions, and even tell him you are considering your own injections, as he may be able to give you good advice. Just an update on my progress: Once a month injections of b12, hyaluronic acid, and ozone. Hack squatted 200lbs for 3 sets 10 reps, very proud of that since a year ago was lucky if I could do 100lbs. Starting a var/clen/t3 cycle to get my muscles kick started for summer. Have tentatively set my first injection of test suspension in my knee on July 23. The next twelve weeks gives me time to learn some more and build the courage to go through with this. Hard to believe 2 years ago at 30 years old I was considering a partial knee replacement.

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #381 on: April 30, 2012, 01:05:13 PM »
Affliction,
There should be no pain with injection of Testosterone Suspension into the joint at the volume you are considering.  The only thing I experienced is after a few weeks of multiple injections per week, the joint starts to get irritated.  I assume this is from the preservative.  If I take a few weeks off, the issue goes away.  I would like to know how it goes for you.

Additionally, I use a 22g needle as they dont plug but don't use B-12 but others do and seem to have no issue.  I don't because my prolotherapist says B-12 is not pure enought to inject directly into the joint.  I think he is a little too cautious there but don't see at this point where the B-12 will benefit me.

Send me a PM and we can start talking.  Glad to do so.

On a general note, I started doing this so that I can just keep living my life and not be held up while my joints are rebuilding.  Dunn gave me great success and respect his philosophy but it doesn't mix with someone wanting to get on with life.  What I have done is proven, for me, to work and allows me to keep going.  I have to agree with Fast that a protocol that includes some rehab is essential ultimately leading to lifting. 

Offline flowride

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »
Flowride,
Vexen is probably right, get in touch with him, or I'm sure he has probably contacted you by now via email. I will get in touch with you as well. Good to start a circle of friends to help each other out. I'll send you some interesting links I have, in the meantime, study your prolotherapist like a hawk. Ask him a million questions, and even tell him you are considering your own injections, as he may be able to give you good advice. Just an update on my progress: Once a month injections of b12, hyaluronic acid, and ozone. Hack squatted 200lbs for 3 sets 10 reps, very proud of that since a year ago was lucky if I could do 100lbs. Starting a var/clen/t3 cycle to get my muscles kick started for summer. Have tentatively set my first injection of test suspension in my knee on July 23. The next twelve weeks gives me time to learn some more and build the courage to go through with this. Hard to believe 2 years ago at 30 years old I was considering a partial knee replacement.

Affliction,

A couple things.  First, the hack squat may not be the exercise you want to be doing with knee issues.  It's an akward angle and, quite plainly, it puts more stress on your knees than your good old fashioned back squat.  If you've ever heard of the box squat, it might be something you want to employ, as there are many benefits to it.  First and foremost, it commands proper form by making you drive through your heels to bring the weight up.  It also brings your hams and glutes into play.  All of these things will help alleviate pressure on your knees.  Added bonus: it will also help increase your deadlift.  I would, however, be avoiding leg extensions, hack squats, etc.  If you want decent hamstrings to accentuate your squat, try stiff legged deadlifts with light to moderate weight...whatever the knees will allow.  Also, avoid the Smith Press.  Squat free.

Offline Honeybunch

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
HGH regenerated my osteochondral defects
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:43 AM »
Hi everyone!

Human Growth Hormone fixed my articular cartilage tears. PRP didn't.
Original trauma 8-9 months ago, i had a cm osteochondral lesion on the weight bearing surface of my mfc, and a .5cm lesion on medial patella and now 8 weeks after my 3 injections the MRI shows no sign of anything wrong with my knee. I had the 3 injections within 8 days with little weight bearing for 2 weeks.

It isn't 100% yet, but my pain is ALL gone (if it hurts, it resolves within a minute) I just got my full range of motion back, and I am able to exercise to build up my muscles again! Will go for another round ASAP to hopefully achieve 100%. I was REALLY screwed up before.

If anyone wanted more proof that it works.. msg me if u need info

Offline garethday

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
Honeybunch,  How can I contact you?

[email protected]

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »
Honey,
I am very glad to hear this as it helps prove to me this concept works.  Congratulations and I hope you are 100% quickly.

Any additional details you want to give here on the board?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:31:55 PM by irentat »

Offline Allscarredup

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2012, 12:43:48 AM »
Just checking in.

So far this is my experience:

In April I did two GH shots, each one week apart. Each shot was 7.5IU. I felt great. After three weeks I felt good enough to deadlift again and pulled quite a bit of weight after not being able to use my legs to lift for three years.

The very same day, however, the pain all returned even worse. I was having trouble just walking through the grocery store. You have to give this stuff some time without testing it. As an athlete, that's the hardest thing in the WORLD to do. Is it better today? Today? TODAY?

I have done four more shots since then in the last four weeks. 15IU, 7.5IU, 7.5IU, 15IU. The knee doesn't feel quite as bulletproof as the first time, but it's noticeable.

I tried Test as well, but I had oil-based product, and that swelled my knee up immensely. Switching to water.

My only issues so far have been affording product, knowing for sure the needle go into the IA space and didn't deliver into fat pad or other tissue, and reconstitution of GH. Sometimes the pressure differential causes the bacteriostatic water to shoot out of the needle when reconstituting, and I've directly sprayed the tablet several times, much to my chagrin, and possibly resulting in worse results for my second go-round.

I use 23G 1.5in needle for going into the knee lateral to the patellar tendon, and I use a 25G 1in needle for going directly under the kneecap itself.

Offline irentat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2012, 01:40:19 AM »
For GH try some 30g 1" needles.  Talk about painless!

Offline fastglycolytic

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2012, 02:26:30 AM »
Honeybunch

Did you do the injections yourself? If not whom did you see and where are they located. How many IUs were used in each shot?

If you did the injections yourself how much did the GH cost, which manufacturer did you use, and where did you get it from?

Allscarred up

If you could provide answers to the above questions that would be great, except for the IUs since you already gave those.

Thanks,

Bryan

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 100
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2012, 10:46:08 AM »
Hi
I have been alerted to this thread by worried readers, and I have decided that it is best that I put a stop to it. If weightlifters want to risk damaging their knees by self-injecting substances that is up to them, but such practices are not condoned by the KNEEguru owner or the mods.
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru