Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Passive range of motion after ACI surgery  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Someat

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Passive range of motion after ACI surgery
« on: June 25, 2009, 06:22:33 AM »
Hello everyone.
My husband had his ACI surgery on his left knee on June 1st . Wondering how long does it take to get a ROM of 90 degree. He receives 3 X PT a week and is at 0-30 deg passive ROM.

This is his third surgery for the knee and has disability leave until next wednesday.

Can anyone share their experience of how long it took to get to Passive ROM of 90 degree, active knee flexion .

I know each person condition would be different but would like to learn from other's experiences.

Thanks in advance
Meena

Offline slyguy1

• Regular Poster
Re: Passive range of motion after ACI surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »
Hi....you can read the blogs of some of the ACI patients and i think it is 6 weeks as per protocol here in the US. I am hearing that they don't use the machine in europe. I think most will tell you that success will only be achieved if you follow protocol that your doctor gives you....good luck

Offline Room 101

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
  • 2+2=5
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
At week 4 I was allowed past 60 degrees and over the next 2 weeks I incremented to 90 on the cpm.  I wasn't allowed to push passive 90 until 6 weeks post.

Good luck to your husband!

Room 101
February 1 2008 - left knee AMZ/LR/Debridement/ACI biopsy
December 2 2008 - left knee ACI - Patela
May 25 2011 - Left knee mfx - trochlea  (ACI growth looked "pristine"), Right knee ACI biopsy
September 5, 2012 - Right knee AMZ/ACI - patella

Offline dileigh

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:19:25 AM »
It took me at least a month to get there on my own, not sure exactly how long because it took about the month to get there on the machine, and I didn't note it in my diary.

This is a very long process and patience is a virtue.  Too bad I don't have any.  ;D

Good luck!

Diana