Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee Pain 8 months after ACL reconstruction  (Read 664 times)

Offline Big_Craig_1976

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Pain 8 months after ACL reconstruction
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:36:41 PM »
Hi all,

As the title states i had a ACL reconstruction done 8 months ago using the patella tendon as a graft, My rehab was going well with no more pain than to be expected.

The last visit with the doctor was at the end of November 2008, My ROM had returned to what it was per op, and my leg strength was getting better.  He told me that by mid January 2009 he would like me to start doing some gentle jogging.

This is where the problem started, after jogging on a treadmill at a little over walking pace for about 100m i got a quite sharp pain in the front of my leg. I had a good feel around and the pain is coming from the top of tibula where graft fixing screw is located. The pain subsides after about 10mins of inactivity, with just a bruised type sensation when pressing the ares with my finger. Which lasts a few hours.

Since this happened i get the same pain when doing any exercise that was previously pain free, I'm also getting the pain if i walk up/down lots of stairs. It now feels like my recovery is going into reverse, and Ive just received a letter from the hospital postponing my next appointment till the end of March 2009.

If anybody out there could offer some advice on what could be causing the pain, i would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, Craig

support