Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Best childhood memory  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Best childhood memory
« on: August 21, 2003, 09:00:43 PM »
I thought that it would be interesting to find out what everyones favorite childhood memory is.....
Mine is when we would hike in the woods at dusk to find the perfect christmas tree. I looked forward to this every year, and it became somewhat of a tradition. It really was like in the movies....with the moon shining and the snow and hot cocco. Thats why I could never leave the mountians! Okay now your turn....
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline tazmanian_devil

• Forum Faithful
  • I guess you can't teach an old quad new tricks
Re: Best childhood memory
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 12:05:06 AM »
I was about 10 when this happened. We had 2 cats and everyone loved our big tabby cat and said how pretty he was, well they had a household pet cat show at the big shopping mall and we put pepper in it but to keep him happy we put his best buddy (my cat fluffy) in a cage next to him. All the snooty cat people looked in fluffy's cage and sort of turned up the noses. First it was Peppers turn to be judged, they took him out and he goes raaaahhhh :o so they stuffed him back in his cage. Then they took Fluffy out, I could tell the judge liked her but I was so surprised that after all the cat's had been looked at they called for 10 cats out off 150 who had made the final judging. I remember them callling the 10th,9th,8th etc. and I couldn't believe it she won 1st place and all kinds of expensive prizes including one of those huge fancy cat houses. The judge said she won because she was a pefect example of a household pet unlike those persians and others that were more like show cats without papers. We put her in 1 national show with cats from all over the country and she got 3rd place, then we stopped because it was stressing her. Theresa
L ACL Recon. L lat. meniscus tear 1991, R Dislocated 1996, R ACL partial tear, MCL tear 08/01, R Chondroplasty 2/14/02, R Lateral Release-Medial Reefing-Chondroplasty 12/3/02.

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 12:46:42 AM »
Oh thats the cuttest story,.....I love cats. I have two...Berkley is about 1 yr and she is a sweetie and then there is Americus!(we named her that from a movie, it's a independent name) She is total Ferel! But we decided that we have her so we can love her, not so she will love us. We adopted her after our other kitty was killed. Kitties are the best!    Good story!
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 03:39:15 PM »
Hello...

My childhood wasn't a comfortable place...but I had an escape, the world of the printed word.  I had an amazing second grade teacher who recognized a lot in me and gave me my very first book of my own--do any of you remember Donna Parker?  This teacher kept me after school every day for three years to "help her" and gave me responsibilies and obviously told other teachers what she knew about me.  By the way, this is also the same teacher who tied me in my seat to keep me in my space, so she wasn't totally taken by me.

8)  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Erin

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 06:07:15 AM »
Well Ive been thinking about this as I have a few. I really love that the whole family goes to church every Sunday and then Grandma pays for brunch. Weve been doing this for before I was born and continue to do it. And then of course before my grandpa died of cancer, we'd always go to their farm, and Id have the best time with grandpa being out in a tractor or in the barns fixing up the tractors. Id have to say those are two of the best memories I have.
Erin
7 years left knee pain/popping/giving out
10-20-00 L.knee surgery to tighten knee cap
2 years of right knee pain
9-13-02 Sprained right ankle
6-9-03 Brostrom-gould surgery on right ankle