Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Trouble kneeling down  (Read 1530 times)

Offline baroda32

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Trouble kneeling down
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »
I am new here and not sure if this refers to knee or leg so here goes....  6 weeks ago I slipped on the pavement and fell over sustaining 3 fractures to my humerus bone.  At the same time my leg was in great pain - the right knee was very swollen.  I kept mentioning this at the doctor's and hospital but no-one looked at it.  The knee is no longer swollen but I continue to have pain.  I cannot load bear on my right knee or kneel down.    I also cannot raise my leg fully behind me.  The pain is behind and below the knee.  Not really sure what to do.  I am 50 and normally fit and healthy.  I have no problem walking but getting out of the bath can be difficult.

Offline lady

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • live well laugh often love much and play hard
Re: Trouble kneeling down
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:09:10 PM »
I think you best bet is to see your doc again and be presistent on him checking it out. If he seems as uninterested I would change doctors.

Good luck sorry to hear about your misfortune. You found a great website for help. I wish I could help more, there are many more knowledgeable people here who may be able to assist you. I think most will tell you to go back to the doc as soon as you can and make sure he does an exam and hopefully order an Xray/MRI. Write down you concerns, questions, any symptoms you have had or are having. I find this helps because you may not be experiencing the symptoms that are bothering you when you have your appointment and could forget to mention ALL of them.
dislocated patella and chopped off most of chondal 1985
chondroplasty/medial meniscus repair 1996
ACI  quater size defect-surgery failure
lateral meniscus repair2002
chondroplasty, lateral Meniscectomy2006
synvisc & orthovisc injections 2008/2009
drained and cortizone injection 2008