Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: am back after long time  (Read 732 times)

Offline Helen_ uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Mostly falling apart today
am back after long time
« on: January 27, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »
I havent been on here for some time... house move, new computer, lots of surgery. knees, shoulders and now elbow scheduled. Its hard to know where to start, but I guess the relevant subject was having an cadavar achilles tendon graft which has been in the most succesful.. but my knees still cause me trouble and gve way and swell and I still struggle to mobilise becuase of instability in my other joints/ shoulders elbows fingers toes hip pain back and myofacial problems. am mostly upright now on crutches but still use a wheelchair from time to time.
I hae had sterid treatment , stem cell treatment, some awful surgery at the hands of some not nice nurses and docs with my last op but now back in the care of my lovely sheffield team/ without whom I would be lost and am eternally grateful to .
I have good days and very bad days and sadly am not good at the moment with a major joint flare up... daughters growing fast one at uni one doing gcse's and hubby as knd and adoring as alwats but I feel old old and very weiry of it all.... I think I am upto surgery number 65 and facing elbow surgery and billateral knee washouts if my surgeon believes it will help ...I desperately want my life back and to do more .... I know this sounds a bit of a pitty fest but I needed somewhere to vent my frustrations and remebering the support of old I find myself back here again askin why???????? :'( and looking for answers.
\hi to friends of old and hi to th new
H xxx
Facing my  66 th operation. Psoratic arthritis hyper mobile joints.Permanantly disabled but mobile thanks to skill and patience of a lovely surgeon.Married with two daughters.Had unstable and shallow joints had tiny knee caps now removed. constant battle to stay mobile using crutches or wheelchair.

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: am back after long time
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »
Helen, welcome back.  I just came across this thread and felt a need to comment.  Wow, 65 surgeries?  I think your title should be "Can anyone beat this?" 

Where do I even start?  I'm on here whining and complaining because I've had 2 surgeries and can't seem to get it right.  I can't even imagine what you've gone through.  I'm happy to read that you are back in the care of a good team and have a wonderful supportive family to help you. 

Feel free to enjoy your pity fest or vent any time.  I'd be glad to listen!  I'll say a little prayer that some day you will be mobile again and get your life back eventually. 
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

support