Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI results - metal in the knee?  (Read 759 times)

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
MRI results - metal in the knee?
« on: January 27, 2009, 01:47:23 AM »
I had another mri today.  The gal doing the mri afterwords told me I'd filled out the paperwork incorrectly because I have metal in my knee.  I told her I had no idea what she was talking about.  She had a look of horrir and said not to mention that she'd mentioned the metal to me.  She gave me the cd with the films and said I could look at them.  Of course I have and you can see lots of scar tissue and something metal.  What the *#@% is it? Any idea's?  I've had post surgery mri with other knee doc and he did the surgery and didn't say a thing.   This is a new knee doc and new mri and they say this -  I'm sure its nothing but I certainly want to know what it is.  Idea's?  eagle

Offline MoLu

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: MRI results - metal in the knee?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:05:15 AM »
Don't know if this is a possiblity for you but this happened to me.  My dr had put in markers during an open posterior knee surgery.  I've had many follow up MRI's and they always show a scatter effect they call it.  In my case it marked the area where my nerves and veins were located.  Dr probably thought their might be a chance for another surgery which there was.  He actually refered me to another dr when my disease recured and when my new dr saw the new MRI's he made a coment " Thanks Dr....." .  I don't know your particular case but maybe it is some kind of marker.
Molu
Synovial Chondromatosis
9/16/05 Frontal synovectomy and tumor removal
10/26/05 Posterior open knee surgery and synovectomy with tumor removal
3/8/06 Disease is back
4/26/06 Frontal arthoscopic synovectomy and posterior open knee synovectomy
6/23/06 Disease is back
7/24/07 Synvisc
10/23/08 TKR

Offline Hellrazor

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: MRI results - metal in the knee?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:28:27 AM »
I also have metal in my knee and OS said that MRI's are useless with metal in there. So it probably isn't anything other then scatter effect