Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: newbie here looking for some help  (Read 858 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hellrazor

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Liked: 0
newbie here looking for some help
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
Hello everyone

Well 4 years ago I started having major pain in my left knee. I went to a ortho doc and she told me it was knee cap out of aliment. 1 year later still having major pain I saw the same ortho doc and she pulled up my x-ray and said " anyone ever tell you that you a defect in your knee". She then pulled an x-ray that was done before I saw her the first time and she said " yeah there it is" I said yeah you didn't tell me this before. So I had a MRI done and she referred  me to a surgeon. When I saw him he told me this huge surgery that needed to be done. OK 2 years later I'm still having a lot of pain so I have seen 3 surgeons one being the doc who did the operation. He said the graph hasn't healed and the I have small fragments in there. He then said I was a candidate for OATS or allograph. I have done everything they have suggest to help with pain management including the loss of 100lbs. My questions are there any legal actions I can take against the doctor for not properly diagnosing the situation . Also what would be the difference in having one of those done compared to having partial knee replacement??.I'm 38 yrs old and in the best shape of my life right now. I have 2 kids under and this kills me to not be able to do anything with them without being in a lot of pain. I take pain meds just to get me through the day so I'm not just some grumpy old man on the couch wishing he could do something with his kids. I hate taking them but I do get relief with taking them. I have all medicals from the past 4 yrs so I have proof that she screwed up. Any help would be grateful. Here is a picture of my knee 2 surgery's in 3 months