Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Are you a lefty or righty  (Read 59922 times)

Offline scarlit_sky

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Are you a lefty or righty
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2005, 07:42:30 PM »
I'm a righty, I can't do anything with my left hand. My mom, dad, grandma, and brothers are left handed... I am jsut the weird one at home lol.
18 y/o
LR 1/05 TTT + MPFL Recon.-- 6/05- R
LR + MPFL recon 12/05 TTT-- 4/06  IND-- 6/06- IND & screw removal-- 7/06 IND 10/06 Exploration 10/06, 12/06, & 2/07-- all left
Chronic Osteomyelitis- Currently facing amputation

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2005, 08:12:51 PM »
ha ha Scarlit...me either. I am a righty and I cannot do ANYTHING with my left hand!!
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline hopalongcasualty

• Forum Faithful
  • Today is a gift.That's why it's called the present
    • Left knee surgery
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2005, 08:55:47 PM »
I am a bonafied Lefty  ;); however, I shoot, bat and play(ed) hockey right handed.  If I try to eat right handed I get messy (should have a cork on the end of my fork like in the movie "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels")  I was forced to do things right handed for several weeks after crushing my left shoulder AC joint.  It wasn't pretty!

Keep them coming  ;D
R Knee
83-LCL,ACL&Medial Meniscus tear
86-Debridment
87-TTT Houser Manuver
89-TTT Maquet Procedure*
92-Meniscus Tear
04-Supartz Injections
05-Contusion
L Knee
05-tibia & patella dislocation w/MCL tear & large lateral condyle defect
2-15-06 Lateral condyle osteochondral Allograft ::)

Offline kendra

• Regular Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2006, 03:08:06 AM »
lefty.  maybe ambidexterous.  i have equally strong backhand and forehand swings in tennis with both hands, and am equally awful at throwing things with both hands.  i dont mind writing with my right hand, but i HATE eating with my right hand.  i cant hold a knife.
11/6/05 Grade 3 tear PCL/MCL in horse accident, tore both menisci
12/15/05 PCL/MCL recons, menisci fixed
3/28/06 Finally over the hump in rehab, things are lookin' good!

Offline MsShel330

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2006, 06:17:58 AM »
I was born a lefty but my very superstitious grandma made me change to the right hand. I did go to Catholic grade school but they didn't care which hand you used plus I learned to write well before starting school.
Hereditary knee problems.
Tore meniscus in both knees, March 2005.
Partial menisectomy, medial plication and cartilege clean-up on rt. knee, July 2005.
Partial menisectomy on left knee, April 2007.
Tore meniscus in left knee again, Jan 2010, fixed in June 2010. Tore again in August 2011.

Offline gavpage

• Regular Poster
    • the4pages
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2006, 09:45:45 PM »
I'm a lefty - very strange though. Sister is a lefties but both parents are righties
Knee injury whilst playing football Jan 06 - told to rest for two weeks
Feb 06 - knee collapsed playing football
Mar 06 Diagnosed with torn ACL and meniscus tear
3rd August - Hamstring ACL and meniscus trim

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2006, 06:08:26 PM »
I am a righty, always have been.
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Kneemo

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2006, 07:26:05 PM »
According to the law of "Craig" left handed people are very high in intelegence and wisdom and are usually extremely good looking.  Yes you've guest it I am Craig and left handed ;D
Ruptured ligaments R/K including 4 arthroscopies leading to arthritis (1982)
Shattered tibial plateau including 18 assorted operations leading to Arthrodesis (fusion) of the left Knee. Now awaiting possible amputation.
Prolapsed disc's L4 and L5 now fused and scaffolded with nuts and bolts.

redtoblack

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »
I'm left handed as well.  I would have to completely agree with Craig  ;)

Offline hustlegritdrive

• Forum Faithful
  • i <3 sports
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »
i'm right handed. although due to many hand/wrist injuries i can write ledgibly (SP?) with both when needed.  ::)  :P
live.laugh.love

Offline plantgeek58

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2006, 01:06:16 AM »
Another lefty here. My mom made a few attempts to switch me when I was a baby, but I apparently wanted none of it. I love being different. The only thing that I hated growing up was that each teacher  had a different theory about how to teach me to write, so every year, I'd have to re-learn how to hold the pen and which way to tilt the paper. VERY annoying! I eventually learned to ignore all of them and just write the way that I was comfortable. BTW, it's not true that all lefties have messy handwriting. I don't.
Terre
RK 7/04 part. m. menisc., plica resect., MF
    3/05 part. m. menisc., open OATS
    1/07 part l. menisc., MF, patellar chondroplasty
    9/08 MF
LK 11/04 & 8/06 part m. menisc.
     7/07 LR, patellar tendon debrid., part m. menisc.

Offline ChrisAngel

• Forum Faithful
  • Never grow up :)
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »
I'm a righty, have always been. Though can do things with my both hands. When got carpal tunnel in my wrists, first learned to be two-handed with computer. That was the time I first learned to use mouse equally with both hands. That time my right wrist was worse, so also learned to eat well with my left hand - like when eating one-handed with spoon or fork only. Current shoulder probs have also made it handy to do things with either hand when needed. When the other one is more painful, gotta use the one left.

My parents and brother are all righties, as far as any relatives I know. Only know 2 friends that are lefties. And they both have really nice handwriting!

Very interesting topic, indeed!  ;)

Chris
*~
31 young :)
RemovePlica
-L 12/98+R 9/99
RemoveScartissue
-L&R 4/04
RemovePlica&scartissue
-L 8/06 ->R postponed for now (need to find a new surgeon..*sigh*)
*Fibromyalgia+CPS+Acid Reflux+Tietze's syndrome+CFS+depression*

Offline dream10

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2006, 04:39:57 PM »
Im a lefty. The weird thing is, i write with my left hand, but do everything else except eat with my right hand. So my right hand is dominant but i am a lefty. An i hold my pencil totally wrong, but people convince me i have amazing handwriting (yeah right). Hey, why do people think that being left handed is weird??
chrondomalacia ??

Offline ChrisAngel

• Forum Faithful
  • Never grow up :)
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2006, 06:30:35 PM »
Im a lefty. The weird thing is, i write with my left hand, but do everything else except eat with my right hand. So my right hand is dominant but i am a lefty.

That is interesting, many people have that. Like I'm a righty, but in some things my left side is more dominant. And my friend who is a lefty, is more dominant on her right side.

Hey, why do people think that being left handed is weird??

It's not. I can't see why would anyone think of it weird. It's just which hand u happen to be writing with. Or as far as I think of it. Maybe it's because lefties are often a minority. And majority of for example different kind of equipments are designed for righties. Except of Singer sewing machines ;) This I found out some time ago. Though I have used one myself last in middle school (little patchings like socks are the only things I use the needle with). This I neva thought to notice, that most of the sewing machines are better to use when left handed! That is because the inventor of Singer sewing machines was left handed. Nitpick information, but thought it would be a fun fact here  ;D

Chris
*~~

31 young :)
RemovePlica
-L 12/98+R 9/99
RemoveScartissue
-L&R 4/04
RemovePlica&scartissue
-L 8/06 ->R postponed for now (need to find a new surgeon..*sigh*)
*Fibromyalgia+CPS+Acid Reflux+Tietze's syndrome+CFS+depression*

Offline dream10

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2006, 08:57:45 PM »
Except of Singer sewing machines  This I found out some time ago. Though I have used one myself last in middle school (little patchings like socks are the only things I use the needle with). This I neva thought to notice, that most of the sewing machines are better to use when left handed! That is because the inventor of Singer sewing machines was left handed. Nitpick information, but thought it would be a fun fact here 

Thats weird that you would say that cause i am an inspirirng fashion designer. haha, i dont know how long that will last though. How can you tell if its a lefty or righty machine?
chrondomalacia ??