Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lateral tendon release - problems 10 years on  (Read 647 times)

Offline FrankieBeee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lateral tendon release - problems 10 years on
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:01:31 AM »
More recently I've been getting problems in the area where I had my later lateral tendon release (I had both knees done about 7 years apart and the latest was done in 1997).

I keep getting excruciating pain and not being able to walk on that knee (its above my left knee to the left in the line where the op was done) but thankfully at the moment it comes and goes and so isn't all the time but am very worried it will get worse. I am fine then my knee just goes (its not like when it used to 'go' before the op (both were done at the nuffield orthopaedic hospital in Oxford (Chris Dodd was my consultant) but I now live in Cardiff). Part of me wonders if there is a problem with scar tissue as well as I had discomfort for ages on and off in the area where they did part of the arthroscopy.

I have also recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia which doesn't help as am always at the docs for that these days but the knee is a new thing. Its startign to break my heart as well in dread as I'm a walker --- don't have a car and love taking the spaniels for long walks when I can (I walk through the FM a lot which also helps my condition anyway).

So don't know if anyone else has had problems after this type of op
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:05:40 AM by FrankieBeee »