Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Having Screws Removed After Medial Lateral Release  (Read 1013 times)

Offline amyjod2

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Having Screws Removed After Medial Lateral Release
« on: December 09, 2008, 08:00:05 PM »
Hey All,

It has been a while since I was here.  I had my most recent surgery in late april 2008 and I am still having problems.  The osteotomy wasn't healing and now I am having pain from the screws.  I am having the screws removed tomorrow AM and thought I would ask if others had gone through this procedure and how it went.  They say it is a quick procedure, and the alittle local and some IV sedation is all.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Amy

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: Having Screws Removed After Medial Lateral Release
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:39:54 PM »
First off…Your title is very very confusing….Neither a Lateral Release or a Medial Release (is there such a procedure….there must be) would involve screws.  The osteotomy you mention in your post is actually the procedure the screws came from.  You may want to change your title to get a better response.

As fore the removal of the screws…It is a piece of cake.  I have had several removed (should have 3 more removed today but my OS thinks I need to keep them longer…grrrr) The procedure takes about 20 min from beginning to end and I was able to walk out of the hospital unaided (crutch less).  There is minimal pain only minor discomfort for a day or two.  I was back to work the next day (at a desk job).  Compared to the original Fulkerson’s it was a breeze!

Best of luck,
Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope