Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: After hurting your knee twice how long would it take to jog again?  (Read 583 times)

Offline knee pain

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • I love my 2 dogs and I miss my Dad! Rip Dad!
I hurt my knee last year and it got better but then I just hurt it again! How long will it take to jog again! i know I can't run anymore(not like I used to anyway).

But I would like to get back to normal somewhat!
knee pain started March 8,07 when i fell and my knee twisted.

still haven't gone to an Orthopedic surgeon! But I hurt my knee again on 12/4/08.

Im 25 and have injured my knee twice now!

RIP Dad! I miss you-I lost my Dad in May(2008)

Offline cassidyj

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful.
Re: After hurting your knee twice how long would it take to jog again?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 07:22:26 AM »
I was told by an athletic trainer that usually sprains will heal faster the second time you injure it.

I sprained my mcl, ran on it a couple weeks later anyway, and wound up spraining it worse a couple weeks after that. All in all, sprains take A LOT of time to fully heal. After my second injury I waited two months before trying to jog again but actually had to go through 3 months of physical therapy after that to help with strength and flexibility. THEN they said I was back to normal but I really didn't feel like it.

So, I think it totally depends on what you did to your knee and how bad it is. Just be careful though! My original sprain could have healed in 6 weeks if I hadn't been so eager to run again. I learned this lesson the hard way.

And BTW, that was two years ago. But I just tore my mcl and possibly meniscus (same knee) two weeks ago from playing sports. I'm taking good care of it this time. However, now I couldn't run even if I wanted to. ;) Sometimes life just sucks... but it'll all work out for you.

Best of luck with everything!

Offline knee pain

• Forum Faithful
  • I love my 2 dogs and I miss my Dad! Rip Dad!
Re: After hurting your knee twice how long would it take to jog again?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »
Thanks! I hope your knee gets better!

I couldn't run either! I have tried before I hurt it this time but I am just slow. After I figure out what I did this time and it heals I will try to run/jog again.

But if I tried to run now it would just make my leg hurt more!
knee pain started March 8,07 when i fell and my knee twisted.

still haven't gone to an Orthopedic surgeon! But I hurt my knee again on 12/4/08.

Im 25 and have injured my knee twice now!

RIP Dad! I miss you-I lost my Dad in May(2008)

support