Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anyone experienced mild meniscus damage?  (Read 723 times)

cat_123

Anyone experienced mild meniscus damage?
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:51:52 PM »
I was having a few phsyiotherapy sessions with the NHS because I have a mild physical disability, but had my last one last week because my physiotherapist is pregnant.  In my last session the phsyiotherapist had a look at my knees and thought that I had slight meniscus damage because I had been having some pain  :-\, so she gave me some exercises to do.  The thing is it was such a quick session that I didn't get to ask her any questions and I won't be seeing her again.  I was wondering if anyone else who had experienced problems with their meniscus could give my any tips because sometimes I get pain when sitting down or walking and it's a bit embarassing if I'm out with friends and stuff.
I know I probably should go to an OS but I think what I have is pretty mild because I don't have consistant pain and the pain is rarely severe. 
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 12:10:22 AM by cat_123 »

Offline cassidyj

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful.
Re: Anyone experienced mild meniscus damage?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 07:12:25 AM »
If it's mild damage it should just heal on its own. It sounds like it's just annoying. It's not clicking or locking at all right? Does it hurt when you bear weight and twist?

If it gets worse then definitely see an OS. Otherwise, I would just take pain relievers and ice a lot.

Hope it gets better soon!