Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Chiropractic work prior to op  (Read 978 times)

Offline Dust

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Chiropractic work prior to op
« on: August 14, 2003, 04:39:44 PM »
I saw a very good Chiropractor yesterday :) for my troubled recovering medial meniscle tear :-[. After a few tests he discover that my tibia head was slightly forward causing poor articulation of the joint and thus aggravation on the meniscus :o. He adjusted the tibia a the pain in my knee disappeared and it now moves smoothly 8). My gait and step has also changed due to this adjustment of the tibia. Although it may not heal any damage up until yesterday, and there maybe need for a number of tibia adjustments until it settles, it is a great relief to feel a smooth flowing knee joint. My OS never at all mentioned the alignment of the the joint >:(.
1999 Left Medial Meniscus Tear - Arhtroscopy
2003 Right Medial Meniscus Tear - Arthroscopy

Offline lam651

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Someday
Re: Chiropractic work prior to op
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 06:30:52 PM »
I'm glad you found some relief. It seems a person really has to take responsibillity for yourself. If you let your doctor take full resposibility for you, you may loose out. Doctors don't always know all there is to know. If you hadn't checked this chiropractor out on your own you would have missed out on another treatment option.

The more informed a patient is the better off you are. Good luck in your ongoing knee problems. Larry
arthoscopy('99),HTO(tibia didn't heal 10/01),knee braces(7/02),HTO w/ex.fix. to repair tibial non-union(3/03), remove ex. fix.(9/03),HTO other leg(12/03)

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 101
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Chiropractic work prior to op
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 11:10:32 AM »
Chiropraxy is interesting as it so often brings relief although the explanation given by the chiropracter of the anatomical abnormality is often hard for a doctor to understand.
--
KNEEguru