Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: DTO.. here I come!  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Alyce

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
  • Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional.
DTO.. here I come!
« on: November 24, 2008, 12:02:10 AM »
Yes, Ladies, I have made the decision to have the derotational tibial osteotomy surgery.  This was not easy to come to, given that I've had 2 failed major surgeries, and the fact that I am 49 (and holding).  But now that I've made the decision, I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder.

I was walking, and thinking about what my future would be like if I didn't have the surgery, and it was basically more of the same, if not worse.  I would eventually have to have THIS surgery, no matter what my age.  Addressing the huge lesion, or possibly rebuilding the LR didn't make sense until I was properly aligned.

SO YOU HAVE A NEW TWISTED SISTER!  I have a second appointment with Dr. Teitge in early February to ask a zillion questions.  I plan to have the surgery in late April or May.  That's shorts weather here in Atlanta, which makes things so much easier.

BTW, Dr. Teitge personally contacted two of his former patients, and asked if he could give me their information, in case I wanted to ask questions.  How great is that?  He really is the most remarkable doctor.  He went well beyond the call of duty.

I'm sure as the time grows nearer, I'll be asking more questions.  Cat, Formerly Active and Clipped Wing have already been amazing in their support and honesty.  They also come up with questions that aren't on my list, if that's even possible.  Plus, they have tolerated my long phone conversations!

I think this is great news, and I wanted to share it with people who could understand.

Take Care,
Alyce
Patella shaving & Lateral Release 6/2002
Reattachment of Lateral Retinaculum & Microfracture 6/2003.
Both procedures failed.  Reattachment was successful.
Lesion remains 15mm x 9mm x 6mm
Tibial rotational osteotomy May 2009
LPFL rebuild May 2009
Surgery for Baja Patella February 2010

Offline jumpi5d

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: DTO.. here I come!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:48:51 AM »
Hey I just saw your post. I'm having surgery with Dr. T in April. He really is an awesomeeeeeeeee doctor! I honestly was so impressed with him that I don't think I could put it in words.  He went above and beyond to help me and to make sure I completely understood everything. I'm working on my list of questions for him because he's suppose to call to straighten things out tomorrow.

-Paige
-Paige

3/5/09 Right Distal Femoral Osteotomy for Patella Alignment 
11/19/09 Left DFO for Patella Alignment.

support