Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I just thought I would mention  (Read 855 times)

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
I just thought I would mention
« on: November 19, 2008, 05:54:16 AM »
I hate my knees, well Dastardly anyway.

Well it says this is the part of the board for comments of a random nature, and that is a random start.

Just when I had posted a week or so back the update to my success story with my knees, it decides to just chuck in a reality check ::)

Anyhow, Dastardly has arthritis, 2 - 3, and had a torn meniscus last year, December 07 had surgery and had the damaged bit of meniscus removed, and the knee cleaned up. Despite the surgeons dire warnings of never being pain free again, I was able to wean myself off of pain killers and have had a glorious summer of mostly pain free living.

Last week we went away on holiday, if you count leaving Thursday lunchtime and returning Sat pm a holiday :-\ we stayed at a really nice hotel, and on Friday morning we were just walking down the corridor going for breakfast when my knee suddenly went OUCH I"M HERE, it was if someone had hit it with a baseball bat  :o. Now it is just nudging me every now and again to remind me it's there and it's not happy.

My question (sorry to be long winded) anyone else experienced this sort of thing, from just about pain free through real pain and back to nagging pain, without any trauma or force or any other trigger that I can think of??
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

Offline digginit

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: I just thought I would mention
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:21:53 AM »
When I tore my meniscus, or at least when my clunker let me know my meniscus was torn, I was just walking down the stairs....no warning.  Just a pain and a locked-up knee.  No injury or trauma of any kind that I could think of either at the time.

~dig

Offline Berta

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • Much to young to feel this dam old, Garth Brooks
Re: I just thought I would mention
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
Stairs I could understand, evil things are stairs, it's just the whole walking on a perfectly level, nicely finished floor thing that got me, even got DH to go back and check that there were no holes, humps or hollows  >:(
6th Dec 2007 arthoscropy, major debridement and meniscus trimmed
Jan 08 2008 Arthritis grade 2/3 told to wait until TKR needed.
August 2010 Left knee arthroscopy

support