Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: USE YOUR IMAGINATION~  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
USE YOUR IMAGINATION~
« on: August 15, 2003, 07:30:12 PM »
Hello all~
   So, my new favorite T.V show is the amazing race. Love it!!!! While watching it, I thought that it would be neat and very interesting to see what everyones dream vacation would be....
I want to go to Ireland and Italy! My mom is Irish (so is Keegan) and my dad is Italian. I want to eat pasta and drink wine! I think those two places would be very interesting and maybe I could learn a bit about my family. Tahiti would be wonderful too.... okay your turn!
Jillian :) ;)
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL

Offline Erin

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: USE YOUR IMAGINATION~
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 12:50:34 AM »
I love the Amazing Race, just watched it last night. Crazy how the one guy ran over the others foot, and then Jon flipped the buggy. LoL
I would love to see the whole world, so this is gonig to be hard. Id really like to go to Germany since both sides of my family date back that far, and if we look today there are still people in Germany with my last name. Id also love to visit Ireland and Australia. Then anything warm, any of the islands would be wonderful! Also I wanna go to South America and see the waterfalls...
Erin  8)
7 years left knee pain/popping/giving out
10-20-00 L.knee surgery to tighten knee cap
2 years of right knee pain
9-13-02 Sprained right ankle
6-9-03 Brostrom-gould surgery on right ankle

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 02:58:17 AM »
I missed the Amazing Race last night because of the darned blackout! I wanted to watch it too :(  Anyway, if there was anyplace in the world that I could travel I think it would be Hawaii, Tahiti(my best friend is going there for her honeymoon next year-I'm jealous!), and really any other warm, beautiful tropical islands.

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline LA2047

• Regular Poster
  • Why is the 3rd watch hand called the second hand?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 03:29:30 AM »
Well I'm a general advocate against reality TV.  If I want to see that much drama and depravity, I'll go to my next family reunion.  :D

But as far as my dream vacation... I'd LOVE to take a voyage on a sailing vessel like the explorers of centuries past.  Maybe start in Spain, sailing west to the Caribbean.  Oooo, no wait.  If I'm wishing, I'll say it should be a voyage as a buccaneer (without the bad teeth, scurvy, and short life span) complete with navy battles and hidden treasure.  Ok, so maybe not the treasure, but I'd love to see how naval battles were fought.  No phones, TVs, radios, GPS systems, or other modern conveniences.  THAT would be freedom.  Kinda corny huh?  ::)  

Another that I'm hoping to actually experience this next year is to ride a horse throughout England and Scottland, spending nights in old castles along the way.  
Complete PCL & LCL rupture, partial MCL rupture, December 2001 (car meets motorcycle - man meets freeway).  LCL reco 3/02 (donor graft), PCL reco 5/02 (donor graft).  Motorcycle, R.I.P.

Offline CyclistAnnie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 06:50:42 AM »
Dream holiday...where do I start?

A weekend in Paris or Italy, enjoying the architecture and the museums.

Backpacking through Australia, taking my chances with the dangerous wildlife.

Hiking through the depths of the Amazon rainforest. I'd need replacement knees afterwards, though.

New York, New York. Shopping, clubbing, general excess.

Indonesia, lazing on a forgotten beach with an ominously rumbling volcano somewhere behind me.

Finland, to watch the fast gravel stages of the World Rally Championship on what was once known as the Rally of a Thousand Lakes.

I'm going to Dublin in a few weeks' time - it's a start!

~Annie
Paris-Brest-Paris 773-mile cycle ride 2011... just you wait and see!

Offline chica_2626

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Why knees?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 06:41:31 PM »
Wow there are so many places I would just love to go.

From the US aspect, I've always wanted to see New York City, I'd also like to go to San Fran!  We're heading to Vegas for vacation Thanksgiving week, or taht's what we're planning anyways, this will be the third time!

I would love going back to the Caribbean, we took a cruise there in 2000, went to Haiti, Mexico, and Jamaica, starting from Miami!  Very fun, VERY beautiful!

I would love to see England, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, you get the idea!  I'd also like to head over to Australia and New Zealand, check out the scenery and whatnot!

I think travelling is great, haven't really left my part of the world though!  Good topic Jillian!

Rachel
Lateral Release Right Knee 6-21-02
Peroneal Brevis Tendon Repair Right Ankle 6-29-05