Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Straightforward knee problem......hopefully  (Read 545 times)

Offline glorfindel87

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Straightforward knee problem......hopefully
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:34:15 AM »
Hope this is an easy one to diagnose, but for about a year I've had off and on knee problems with various symptoms. Until recently I was able to just ice them a little bit, maybe take some ibuprofen and they were fine. They would hurt a bit warming up but once I got into playing everything was okay and I'd just have to ice them afterwards. But now it's gotten to the point where I really cannot jump at all or land on my left knee. Running, sharp cuts, i.e., football moves, are fine and there's no pain. But any sort of jumping or landing on my left knee results in severe pain and no strength in it. And any pressure on it, like kneeling on the ground, hurts a lot too.
So basically I was wondering if these symptoms sound familiar to anyone. Running and cutting is completely fine, jumping just doesn't work and has a lot of pain when I try. Any ideas? And fyi, I'm 6'1" 160 so it's definitely not a problem of being overweight. Thanks in advance for any input.

Offline bavage

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Meniscectomy 8/07 TKR 7/08 MUA 10/08
Re: Straightforward knee problem......hopefully
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:48:59 AM »
Lateral movements & pivoting are much different actions for your knees than jumping or kneeling.
The latter involve more weight bearing stress than the former.
Icing your knees after sports for all those years kind of tells you something isn't right. My best advice would be X-rays and maybe an MRI if the X-rays and medical exam warrant the expense. Good luck. 
Certified Dietary Manager, ServSafe Proctor, Options Trader.           

AKA, The Curmudgeon