Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Worried about circulation to foot.  (Read 782 times)

Offline hanjabanja

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Worried about circulation to foot.
« on: November 13, 2008, 12:03:38 PM »
Hi guys,

I have been having circulation problems in my injured leg for a few weeks (it's colder than the other, foot is swollen, tingly and itchy) and I noticed last night the skin on my toes is deteriorating quite badly. Is this something I should be worried about, or should it improve as I do my PT exercises?

Back story: Injured knee while squatting, very swollen, told by GPs to stay off my feet, finally told after 7 weeks on Monday by PT that staying immobile has caused quad inhibition, and other than patellar tendinitis not sure what's wrong because the swelling's still high, so I'm icing regularly and doing lots of exercises and trying to move about as much as possible (although that's still not very much).

Thanks for any advice.
19/09/08 injury while squatting
07/11/08 ortho: quad strain
10/11/08 physio: 4 months lmtd imprvmnt
28/01/09 MRI (Lodestone, York)
30/01/09 ortho: chondral ulcer
15/04/09 X-Ray ortho: patellar dislocation, tilt
02/06/09 lateral release

Offline hanjabanja

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Worried about circulation to foot.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »
Two of my toes are purple and swollen, and the skin on the foot of my injured leg is falling apart. I am doing all my PT exercises religiously and icing regularly and sitting with my legs lifted a lot. What should I do? Should I be worried?
19/09/08 injury while squatting
07/11/08 ortho: quad strain
10/11/08 physio: 4 months lmtd imprvmnt
28/01/09 MRI (Lodestone, York)
30/01/09 ortho: chondral ulcer
15/04/09 X-Ray ortho: patellar dislocation, tilt
02/06/09 lateral release

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Worried about circulation to foot.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:08:32 PM »
Has the pt person seen your toes?  If not I'd certainly make certain to show them - immediately.  When your icing you've got to have the leg elevated above the heart - try that.  What specifically do you mean when you say "the skin on the foot of my injered leg is falling apart?"  If it were me I'd be making some calls come Monday morning and seeking medical opinions, but that's just me.  I'm not trying to alarm you but something just isn't adding up, to me.  eagle

support