Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Having extreme pain 3 months post microfracture  (Read 685 times)

Offline cshell

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Having extreme pain 3 months post microfracture
« on: November 15, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
I am desperate here yall.  I am a 40 year old female.  I've had 4 prior arthroscopies for torn meniscus over the years, and bounced back real quick.  Oh how things have changed.  I had microfracture surgery August 13,08 my OS didnt say anything about a CPM machine, and i was non weight bearing for 10 weeks.  I just started PT 1 week ago.I just started back to work 2 weeks ago, I am a nurse I work third so I have quite a bit of down time doing paper work.  Every since surgery I have been in pain.  But since weight bearing I've been in TERRIBLE pain, lots of swelling all the way down to my foot.  I cant even walk normally I walk with a severe limp.  I am taking pain killers but they dont even help.I am so scared that I'll never be normal again.  I cant stress enough how bad the pain is.  I went to OS last week, he stated that my knee was in terrible shape and he felt like I was going to need cartilage transplant surgery within 6 months, what the heck?  Can yall please give me some advise?

Desperate
Michele