Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: stem cell centre in Germany (XCell-Center)  (Read 716 times)

Offline thevoice

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
stem cell centre in Germany (XCell-Center)
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »
I came across there site and it seems above board etc, they offer stem cell treatment for knee cartlidge problems, does anyone else have any otehr info on the company - XCell-Center

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
Re: stem cell centre in Germany (XCell-Center)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:33:36 PM »
I have had a look at their web site and see they are attached to a state-recognised hospital. This means that they will be controlled very carefully by the Germany medical standards people. Private clinics can practise alternative as well as complimentary medicine, but they are constantly evaluated under the laws pertaining to health and patient safety.

If they receive any state-funding, whether that is local or federal they will also have to conform to regulation. Stem Cell Therapy is a very hot potato here and institutes offering autologus cell therapies are keen to keep open and developing in the hope that one day a more open attitude to the use of other stem cells (neo-natal, embryonic, etc). The use of these either in treatment or in research is I believe still banned in the whole of Germany.

They seem very upfront about their pricing etc. I have asked for further information - I'll let you know how they reply. I need either meniscus from stem cells or a meniscal transplant!

Sue  ;) in Germany

PS I'm based in deepest darkest Catholic Bavaria, so I may be committing a sin simply by talking about it!  ;D ;D

1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee