Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Mulitiple Ops  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Buster

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Mulitiple Ops
« on: August 14, 2003, 02:29:54 PM »
I injured my knee in 1985, I am now 49 years old and reasonably fit apart from my knee. Ive had the cartilage removed and had 8 or 9 arthroscopys. I have damaged ACLs. the knee lets me down badly, but the pain is severe, i had an Op called a Macintosh to strengthen it but it didnt work. I am waiting to see my surgeon I may end up with a full or partial knee replacement.I have grade 4 arthritis and take painkillers each day. I feel a partial replacement may well be the answer.... Any comments from memebers in a similar position please. :D

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
Re: Mulitiple Ops
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 03:12:32 PM »
Hi and welcome aboard...

You and I share some similarities in that we are considered "young" for this situation.  I am recuperating from my "other: toital knee replacement right now.  I had my first one done in December and it was immediate relief and definitely a good thing, even if  I am "only 47."  I had the right knee done on July 14 and am heading to the hospital this morning for a manipulation.  It is not doiung as well as the other one did--but I'm looking forward to the relief I believe is out there.

This is a serious issue effecting quality of life--and being the mother of 8 with a full time carreer in education that I love--I need pain relief and mobility.  I'm glad that we went with this procedure.  

Good luck to you as you solve your problems and come up with a plan to feel better.  Take care, Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Buster

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 03:49:50 PM »
Syilvia
Thanks for this, I see my surgeon next week, i will know more then. i will keep you posted.
Regards
Bob.

Offline Jillian24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 05:38:42 PM »
Bob~
 Welcome to the board. I have had knee problems for quite a while and next month I am planning a TTT(Fulkersons). This is the last resort before a total knee replacement at the ripe old age of 24! But my grandma just had a total replacement so I saw her experience. She is 3 months post op and doing amamzing. She was in alot of the same pain you describe, so maybe it is a option. I wish I had more advice for ya. All I can say is welcome, and you will find a lot of support here. Good Luck with everything. Check out the specific area on the board for total replacement and arthritis..you may find some answers....Good Luck. Jillian
ONE TTT LAST OCT
10 LR'S    ONE MEDIAL RELEASE
STAPH INFECTION.....MANY MONTHS IN HOSPITAL