Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Please Help concerned  (Read 889 times)

Offline fantasybear1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please Help concerned
« on: November 06, 2008, 02:19:01 AM »
O.K here we go, 2 years ago I tore my MCL.   Along with this I had a bone bruise, plus two small fractures in my knee cap.  With this happening at work, workmans comp said just rehab surprise surprise.  I really had no problem with this since I'm not excited about surgery.  After a long a painful rehab, my knee was feeling better for the most part.  The problem I had with this is I've had pain, plus off and on swelling   since.  Which I've just dealt with.

Now 6 weeks ago, I hurt the same knee, playing with my kid in the back yard.  Went to the doctor, Possible torn MCL and 2nd degree sprain.  Got referred to an Orthopedic Dr.  Went in for an MRI,  Results came back very deep bone bruise of the tibia, and Spurring of the MCL, with scar tissue in the knee from the previous injury.  My orthopedic gave me a cortisone injection and said, this should make it feel better.  Problem not feeling much better.   I'm still having popping in the joint of the knee, which hurts half of the time.  plus a lot of instability.  Squatting is out of the question, and straightening the knee is painful in the back.  My orthopedic Dr. did say, if it's not feeling better in 6 weeks, come back in and we'll scope it. 

Finally here's my question?  is scoping it best I'm only 27 avid golfer, play pickup basketball, and I work in a physical job.  I don't think I have a torn Meniscus  but I'm not ruling it out.  The scar tissue worries me, MCL Spurring worries me which I guess is calcium build up from the first MCL tear.  I'm sick of the pain,  again not big on surgery but 2nd time I've hurt this knee in 2 yrs.  and this time it's worse I just think cleaning it up is best. any thoughts.

Thanks for your help

Offline ex-gymnast

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Please Help concerned
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:12:28 AM »
I would do it.  I have had several of those problems.  (except MCL tear). 
If I knew I'd be like this now, I'd do it all again.
1998- Lf ACL replace (failed)
1998- Lf ACL replace (worked)
1998- Rt LR
1999- Rt Scope
2000- Rt ACL replace
2001- Rt hardware replace
2002- Rt Scar Tissue Removal
2005- Rt Pattella Scraped
2009- Rt clean-out the mess
To Come: 2 Replace

support