Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PLEASE you all come on I need advice and opinions  (Read 845 times)

Offline MissClara

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PLEASE you all come on I need advice and opinions
« on: November 02, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »
Please please please read my other 2 posts and give me some advice or your opinions.  I don't have any friends that understand what I'm going through so they can only offer their sympathy.  Thanks and hope you all had a great day  :)

Offline FormerlyActive

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: PLEASE you all come on I need advice and opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:06:10 AM »
Hello MissClara
Sorry to hear about your pain. It sometimes takes some time for people to read and reply, some of us don't check the board daily, more weekly. Also if you have specific questions might be good to list them out?
I had an LR on both knees at the same time a long time ago, I was in quite a bit of pain for the night in the hospital but after that never took more than a few percocet as they made me naseous. However everyone of course has a different response, but your OS may be operating from the premise of a certain amount of meds per that type of surgery.

It does seem to be adversely impacting you that you don't have a primary doc to help coordinate your care; it might make sense for you to find one you like who can help you through this difficult time.
It is very early days for your recovery, wouldn't judge yet whether the operation "worked" or not. Wait until you have healed and rehabbed. Also take care not to fall.

Sometimes working with the nurses at the doctor's office is more helpful. They can be more attuned to the patients needs and involve the doctor as needed.

Re your doc I don't know what to say. Sometimes as patients we take things personally (after all its our bodies) and they really don't mean them that way; they may be brusque or just trying to interact with us, or seeing heaps of patients that day. In other cases, sometimes they really don't like us or how we are acting (yes that has happened to me) and then they aren't perhaps as helpful as we would like them to be. Sometimes we have to examine our interactions with them. Others find it helpful to take someone else to the appointment.

Some of those pain meds can be habit forming which is why they can be so careful in prescribing them. If there are other things that can help you with the pain would definitely try them. You may also wish to keep a specific pain journal of times of day, what you ate, your pain level, where the pain is, etc. in order to be more specific with the doctor.

I hope this is helpful. If you have specific questions we can try to answer them. Best healing wishes. 
3/82 - Medial Synovial Plica removal both knees
9/89 - Lateral Release both knees
3/08 - Reinjury left knee hiking Asia Pac
5/08 - Miserable Malalignment diagnosis
4/08 - 9/08 Five doctors diff. opinions
7/08 - 02/09 - In PT, no chg.
4/09 - Dr. 6 opinion femur & tibia derotation together