Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I am beyond miserable and sooo mad at doctor...please I need advice!!  (Read 843 times)

Offline MissClara

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please read my previous post 2 1/2 weeks post-op and still in pain before you read this so this post makes sense.  I am still looking for advice from you guys. Please read my previous post on the knee/hip board and then you'll understand what's going on to this point. Well, after my appt. with OS Wednesday I was just beside myself with pain and terribly hurt feelings  :'(. I called his office yesterday morning at 9:00am and requested my pain med be refilled. I heard nothing all day so I checked with the pharmacy this morning and they didn't have anything either. I thought well this is great I will be out of pain medicine today and no one cares. At what point do we tell the doctors how we "really" feel about their crappy attitudes and lack of compassion? After the way he talked to me Wednesday I'd like to tell him exactly how I feel. If I am up on my knee for more that 30 minutes it swells something awful and is so painful still (only 3 weeks out of surgery). So, I called the OS answering service and the OS on call called me back only to tell me "it is our policy to not call in narcotics after hours or on the weekend, I'm sorry your doctor has left you to suffer, you need to call him on Monday morning and tell him you didn't appreciate being left without meds" and then proceeded to tell me sorry, there's nothing I can do . Well, to think I was actually surprised that he wouldn't help me....am I just completely clueless or what . I'm over doctors treating me like crap. Same thing after my complete abdominal hysterectomy in February, after two weeks of still being in pain, he only wanted to give me Darvocet which is total crap so I was left to suffer. Please let me know what I can do? I know you all can shine some light for me  Take care all!

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
Re: I am beyond miserable and sooo mad at doctor...please I need advice!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »
Hi,

I have read your previous psots and can't believe how you've been treated by your doctor. Tis is disgusting and if you ahven't already submitted a formal complaint, then you should do so as soon as you are able. There is nyl so much one person can take in term sof pain and nobody shoul dbe left to deal with pain unnecessarily like you have ben.

Is it at all posible for you to see an emergency doctor, on call doctor or other medical professional who would be preapred to give you a prescription, if only for a few days to get you over the weekend? Other than that, and chaging your doctor to one who actually cares about you as a person and your quality of life, I don't know what to suggest.

Take care and let us know what happens and how you get on.

Laura xx
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

support