Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Inner knee bruise type pain (on both knees...5-6 months post ACLr)  (Read 828 times)

Offline bthizle1

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Well, I had my second ACLr on my left leg 5 1/2 months ago. My first was a hamstring autograft, the most recent was a pateller (I'm pretty sure) kadaver (allograft). Lately I've been having a lot of trouble walking, due to pain...the oddest thing though is that my right leg is in just as much pain (over-use?). Most of the pain in both of my knees is a bruise type of pain, it literally feels like a bruise, but there is no visual signs... there's sharp pain when walking though. I recently moved on to a sailboat, and think that's most likely the cause of this (lots of pivoting/odd movements), but I'm not 100% sure. Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm very worried as to whether or not I need more surgery etc...I simply cannot afford it as I have no health insurance. 

It hurts the most (the bruise even more) on the bottom of my inner knees. Oh and by "inner" I mean the left side of my right leg and the right side of my left leg....for the most part it's an internal pain (bruise is both).

It hurts walking when I try to straighten my legs out towards the end of a step and if I try to stand more on my toes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:53:15 PM by bthizle1 »

support