Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: NHS vs. Rest of the World  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
Re: NHS vs. Rest of the World
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »
Lisa,

I think you have wrongly interpreted what I am saying.

Not saying that you should go to an Australian physio at all. Just know from some people that have written on this board that have Australian physios that they are very up to date and have some good ideas after not having very good experiences with English physios. Also know this from my own experience and also sports physicians I know that have worked in the UK with elite sporting teams.

Let's just stop the arguing here. We all have our own physios and doctors that we like. What is good for one person is not necessarily the best for the next person.

Sue, I am fully aware how the NHS works. I lived in the UK for 3 years. So, I do not appreciate that comment. I have to ask you to stop calling me "arrogant" and the such. It is very hurtful and not helpful at all. I was only trying to impart some of my experience and knowledge. At least if you have a private physio you can choose who you go to and is usually better treatment that you receive through the NHS.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:45:39 AM by kjwilkin »
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline lmr1

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »
I am quite prepared to acknowledge that a misinterpretation may have taken place but do feel the need to defend when attacked, which how i interpreted your original statement. 

I am sure that we will all agree that when you have a phsyio who YOU are happy with, that THEY are the best in the world wherever they may be from!!!
left knee problems since 1994
2 clean outs cartlilage removed both times
Acl recon oct 2006- extensive arthritis in medial side
Mosaicpasty june 2008

Offline Silkncardcrafts

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »
I agree what you are saying regards to a physio you are happy with.

Let's put this to bed now.
11/1996 - RK LR
07/1997 - LK LR
11/1998 - LK MPFL Reco
12/2005 - RK LR Repair
07/2006 - LK MPFL Repair
11/2006 - LK LR Repair
22/05/08 - LK Trochleoplasty
11/02/10 - RK Trochleoplasty
07/03/11 - RK Chrondroplasty

Offline MD-F

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 11:04:28 PM »
Hi All

First of all I agree that making sweeping statements about aussie v uk Physios is wrong (I have worked with good and bad from all around the world)
 But we all seem to have lost track of the original question posed.

I have recently undergone ligment replacement surgery and am using a NHS physio, she is fantastic and spanish !!
I am seeing her twice a week at the moment and have spoken to her about private physio ( i work for the NHS and understand the ups and downs of NHS treatment), she has advised me that once my physio appointments with her go down to one a wk I can attend private physio appointments, but and i stress this point - MAKE SURE THEY ARE AWARE OF THE SURGERY YOU HAVE HAD-  many people undergo ACL reconstructions, but not all of them are the same.

You must get a copy of your surgical notes so that your PT knows what you have had done and what your surgeon expects your outcome to be,
(you may want to be playing football in 12wks but your surgeon may be happy with you walking without brace or crutches in that time, your PT must have a clear view of the surgeons expected outcome and yours)

Take care, remember you can't hurry the healing process. At the risk of repeating myself if you go private make sure they have ALL your relevant information, I have work in an operating theatre for 10 yrs and seen the results of patients being looked after by PTs (NHS & PRIVATE) that have not had all the information needed and put patients back wks if not months and in some cases this has resulted in patients needing more surgery

MD-F

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 113
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »
Hi
I am going to lock this thread now. I think that the topic has received an all-round discussion and there is no point in going into it from any more angles as the thread is already getting a bit heated.

I suggest that rooshka gets involved in the cruciate section and tries to get an overall idea of where one should be at this stage in terms of  rehab, and then take any questions back to the clinical team. There is also a specific rehab section on the Information Hub.
KNEEguru

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:40:03 PM by The KNEEguru »
--
KNEEguru

support