Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI Results / Anthroscopy  (Read 860 times)

Offline LeeC

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MRI Results / Anthroscopy
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:39:08 PM »
Bit of history, i had an ACL reconstruction 2 years ago now. I have played a year of football on it although i have never really thought it was 100%. I have never got full extention and flexion back in the knee and it has always felt as though there is a lot of rubbish in there floating about. I hurt it again not to long ago, i pushed off to the left but the knee seemed to go right while the rest of me went left. I felt a crack and pain so i feared the worst again. I have had an MRI which showed the ACL is fine thank god, and no tears in the cartilage. Its still swollen and i get pains every now and then. The OS is going to do a anthroscopy on it to clean it out and take a closer look. Now im a bit anxious as to what he will find. Has anyone had nothing show up on the MRI and then had a serious injury discovered during a scope? By serious i mean cartilage damaged or cruciate damage?

Offline JustMeInNC

• Regular Poster
Re: MRI Results / Anthroscopy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
I am one of those lucky people that had the normal MRI and when they did the scope they found that I have severe arthritis on the entire back of the kneecap. I have almost no cartlige left under there (we knew that it was wearing away from a previous surgery but did not know that it was this bad) hope that things turn out good for you.
I'm so busy that I'm not sure if I lost my horse or just found my lead rope.

1989 - Right Knee - don't rember what they did
1997 - Right Knee - Orthoscopic clean up again
2000 - LR on left knee
2001 - LR on right knee
2008 -LR on right knee (again)
9-18-2009 - Maquet osteotomy right knee

Offline alisonr

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
hi and dont worry just keep trying to build up the muscle without over doing it
i have had numerous mri scans and xrays pior to my camera op 6 weeks ago untill then they said it was my normal arthiritis pain as i have no cartlege left i always disagrred with the medics as i knew my pain was diffrent to my normal :'(  the camera picked up that i had infact split my patella 3/4 up c told ya i knew my pain ::)  good luck anyway

Offline bavage

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Meniscectomy 8/07 TKR 7/08 MUA 10/08
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:08:14 AM »
Sorry to hear what has happened to you.

My MRI showed a meniscus tear when they went in to repair it they ended up removing 30% of the ligament because what they saw was so different from the MRI.
So, yes, it can happen
Certified Dietary Manager, ServSafe Proctor, Options Trader.           

AKA, The Curmudgeon