Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Having a moment  (Read 2281 times)

Offline rkneepain

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • I pray My cat doesn't trip me on my crutches!
Re: Having a moment
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 06:21:05 PM »
Hey Karen....
                   Thank you for the advice!  I have been going back and forth with the idea of a second opinion because I don't really feel like my OS is doing enough for me.  I don't really care for him either.  He thinks evrything is all in my head!  He is mad because I'm not walking, or where "he" thinks I should be.  My knee isnt bending and my gut is telling me something is wrong in there, but nobody will listen!  What did you have done?  I am trying to stay positve but it is so hard with such a long recovery, it's three months soon on crutches >:(  Thank you so much for the kind words it's so nice to have new knee friends on here!  I hope you are doing well today, and look forward to chatting soon!
   Sending Sunshine your way!
     Karen............

Offline fatcats6

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
Hey Karen,

I've got two cats, both British Shorthair, blue (which is just the same as a Russian blue's colour) The boy is 2 and his name is Henry, he's my boy. The other is Dharma, she's 8 and she's my son's girl.  Luckily, they stay well clear of the crutches...only because they such lazy puddings they can't be bothered.

I do have a post op diary fatcats6 fractured patella...unfortunately, I'm no good at doing the link things that others have been able to, when I try I just get a line of gobbledy-gook.

I fractured my left patella in Feb 08, had the hardware removed Jun 08 and was released from PT by Sep 08, getting on with life and feeling better every day.  So much better that I stupidly decided I'd wash the clothes dryer lint off the bathroom wall for the new owner of the house.  That was a week ago, so I was 11 days out from a house move and the step-ladder I was on collapsed under me and, well the rest is history, dislocated right kneecap, luckily, my healed fracture suffered absolutely do damage what so ever, not even a bruise, quite amazing.
I'm suffering from depression and anxiety, so I have to watch that as things get on top of me pretty quickly.

Australia is beautiful in it's own unique way.  Where I live has pretty extreme temperature changes through the season -4 degrees to +48 degrees.  I hate the really hot days, it can feel like your lungs are on fire when you breathe on the hot days:)  Right now, the weather is just starting to warm up, great for knee people, it's Spring so all the flowers are in full bloom.  Right outside my bedroom window is a gorgeous pink climbing rose and just the other side of the rose, a huge cherry tree.

I would love alittle bit of rain (not so much the wind), we're in drought and things look very grim for the upcomng summer season, we're already on water restrictions and you can't water your garden outside of certain times, which are very limited.

How is the Global financial crunch effecting the people you know.  We're all very scared here.  None of my family are wealthy enough for it not to be having a really big impact.  The part that pips me off the most is that I've taught my 17 year old son to save, right from when he was about 8 and he's gradually built up funds in a Managed Fund, he managed to build a portfolio of AU$9500, pretty impressive for someone of that age, now the portfolio is worth around AU$3000.  All his friends spent their pocket money, so he is wondered what the point of the exercise was.

Hope you're all managing.

Adrienne
Feb 08 Fractured left patella
Jul 08 Released 115 degrees ROM
17/10/08 Dislocated & fractured right patella
2/12 45 deg
6/12 Drove car
16/12 92 deg
21/1 105 deg discharged from PT

Offline JustMeInNC

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 12:37:51 PM »
I dont have a cat to trip over (hubby hates cats) but I have 2 dogs.... well one that is an neurotic kangroo  and an elephant. The lab (the kangaroo) I dont have to worry about tripping over however the elephant is another story. She is a 6 month old great dane that is my baby... she hates to be away from me and is always by myside. now you would not think that a person would be able to trip over something that is the size of coffee table but belive me i do and she is not the most graceful thing that walked the face of the earth either so she trips into me all the time. right now she is at a horrible height her back comes right to my knees i cant wait till she grows just a bit more so that she is not hitting my kneecap right on!.
I'm so busy that I'm not sure if I lost my horse or just found my lead rope.

1989 - Right Knee - don't rember what they did
1997 - Right Knee - Orthoscopic clean up again
2000 - LR on left knee
2001 - LR on right knee
2008 -LR on right knee (again)
9-18-2009 - Maquet osteotomy right knee

Offline rkneepain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »
Hi Adrienne& Cheryl....
                                 sorry I didn't get a chance to reply, I will be back on later today............

Sending Sunshine.......

Karen..........

Offline rkneepain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 12:02:04 AM »
Hi Adrianne,
                  I found your post and left you a mesg on there!

Sending Sunshine!
       Karen........

Offline rkneepain

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 12:24:01 AM »
Hi Cheryl!
                I love great danes and crazy labs!  Well when I was at work.  The danes stood taller than me at work.  I  am only 5' tall and it was so funny when we got them in work, gosh when they are only a yr old they are so tall!  Ahhh yes the labs... they eat everything!!!  We always have to pull socks, rocks and all crazy things out of them in surgery!  They always took me for walks, they are so strong!  I need to go back on your page I saw the pic of your horse, thats wonderful you were riding, I hope you weren't in too much pain.  OK.... hpping over there!
     Sending Sunshine!
        Karen...