Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Any help appreciated…patellar tendonitis? tracking?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Sharpshooter

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Any help appreciated…patellar tendonitis? tracking?
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:02:30 PM »
Hello, I’m new to the site but not new to the problem. I’m 19 years old about to be 20. I’ve been having pain in the area below the kneecap for about 2 years now. Originally I was diagnosed with patellar tendentious; I didn’t really pay much attention to it because the pain was minor. However during my senior year of high school basketball the pain got increasingly worse, so much so that I was barely able to walk after practice. I had gone to physical therapy twice before this year and it had done very little…the anti inflammatory I took diclofenec sodium helped, but now my prescription has run out. So I decided to lay off all physical activity for about 2 months and I started with a new physical therapist, this time they told me that my patellar is tracking. I’m not sure what to make of it, but this time around my therapy seems to be helping more so than the others, but I also am actually consistently doing the exercises they give me. I’m desperate to beat whatever I have, and get back to top physical form. I haven’t been able to play up to my ability for far too long and I’m hoping that ill be able to get over this patellar issue while I still can. I’m willing to do whatever it takes and any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thank you….sorry if this was to long and a pain to read

support