Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ruptured tendon?  (Read 793 times)

Offline badknee1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ruptured tendon?
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:38:16 AM »
around June i was being chased by a police officer.. for stupid reasons.. in my friends neighborhood and hopped over a wet fence real quick and slipped and fell and injured my knee horribly.. I manage to get away by skipping off and cutting through a local elementary and made it to his house luckly
about 15 minutes later it swelled up and i couldent even move it..i guess i learned my lesson  ;)
for the first week when i would put my weight on my knee it felt like it just slipped and gave in on me
I went to my doctors but he was no help
till this day at night while im in bed it still kinda hurts
when i try to jog..i limp and i feel pain but i try to ignore it and keep joging
even when im boxing out my punching bag i feel pain in some of the movements i do
I admit it got a little better but its been the same since august
before i couldent even squat without extreme pain but now i can but still with a little pain in my knee
do you think I can still get surgery for it?
and if i do while i be able to run again without the pain?

Offline subail

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • The glass is always half full!
Re: ruptured tendon?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »
Circumstances aside, it sounds as though you very well may have torn or stretched the tendon or indeed ruptured it. I suggest you see your doctor immediately and he will probably refer you for some testing.

It doesn't matter why or how you managed to hurt yourself, the problem now is to find out what injury you may have sustained.
Dislocation of left patella and as a result left patellar tendon rupture in the medial section/torn at both ends.
3 Previous surgeries-semitendiosis tenodesis
Reconstruction surgery left knee October 10 '07
TKR right knee May 25 '10.....successful!
Limited ROM/TKR left knee May 25 2015...successful.