Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ITBS  (Read 871 times)

Offline caz78

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ITBS
« on: October 20, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »
Hi - I am new to this but so very desperate to get some help. I developed ITBS in my left knee during a run DEC 07 which resulted in me hobbling home, had a cortisone inj which helped for a little but the pain came back, NO RUNNING at all as it literally kicks in after about 30seconds. I have also now developed this in my right leg very painfull which i dont understand at all because i haven't even been running!!! Its painful walking around and constantly on my mind. MRI on both knees diagnosed ITBS and i was sent away fro Physio, tried everything, acupuncture, Physio, chiropractor, podiatrist, massage - needless to say i am skint now! They dont react well to ultrasound and all the stretching has just left me feeling sore and more fed up! I am hoping to find out mor einfo on the ITBS surgery and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about this. I really am so desperate, i don't mean to sound over the top but its ruining my life, i'm completely miserable! ( i have a big lump in my throat even writing this because i'm so down) please can someone offer some words of wisdom     :'(

Offline rkneepain

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • I pray My cat doesn't trip me on my crutches!
Re: ITBS
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »
Hi there...
                 I wish I could offer words of wisdom but I am not familiar with what you have.  I can offer you some kind healing words which everyone can use on here.  You have come to the right site, someone will be on here soon to help.  The people on here have gotten me through some of my toughest times.  I had knee sx almost 10wks ago and still can't walk without my cruthes, and can't bend my knee, and I get so scared before every doc appt because I am so painful and all they do is put me through more...but what I'm trying to say is my "knee friends have gotten me through alot with their advice and healing wishes.  So hang in there, someone will have some advice for you.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.
   sending some sunshine your way.....

support