Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Haved i ruined my Microfracture?  (Read 689 times)

Offline Superted29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Haved i ruined my Microfracture?
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »
Hi Guys - in need of some desparate advice.

Im currently in week two of my microfracture rehab, have been on the CPM machine for six hours a day, non weight bearing, just what the doctor ordered. Went to the physio on thursday who said my ROM was 110 degrees and that i could move onto using the muscles in my leg to keep the leg moving. Ham curls, Quad extentions, that sort of thing. To perform these was difficult, i could feel tension on the side where the operation had been performed and had limited range of movement before it started to pull and hurt marginally.

Its now saturday, and after finishing my ham curls, i was sat on the edge of my bed when my leg clicked. Now i have no swelling, no pain, no tension on the operation side of the leg. Nothing. I am worried, because no tension would indicate that i have ripped off the graft. WORRYING MUCH!

Can anyone spread some light on the subject? should i be worried? surely if i had damaged it, it would hurt and there would be swelling wouldnt there? Im not doing rehab for six months if ive knackered it in week 2.

Cheers guys...

Offline plantgeek58

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Haved i ruined my Microfracture?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »
OK, first of all, calm down. It's not likely that you've done anything to your MF just by doing your exercises. MFs are not that fragile. I don't think the clicking noise was anything to worry about. You get a lot of odd clicks and pops in your knee while it's healing. You may be feeling less tension simply because the exercises are stretching your tight muscles. The fact that there's no swelling, heat or pain is a good sign. I've had 3 MF surgeries on my right knee and haven't found this to be an especially painful procedure. Try to relax and just keep on doing what you're doing. You've a long way to go yet, but you seem to be doing really well so far.
Terre
RK 7/04 part. m. menisc., plica resect., MF
    3/05 part. m. menisc., open OATS
    1/07 part l. menisc., MF, patellar chondroplasty
    9/08 MF
LK 11/04 & 8/06 part m. menisc.
     7/07 LR, patellar tendon debrid., part m. menisc.