Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Slipped on steps - should I get it checked?  (Read 717 times)

Offline dog8food

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Slipped on steps - should I get it checked?
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:22:07 PM »
I'm concerned about an incident that occured almost two months ago. I was running up the stairs when my foot slipped and my knee landed right on the corner of a step. I was hobbling for the next few days but it seemed to recover quickly. Currently, I have full mobility and no pain. I only feel a little soreness when pressure is applied at a certain angle (like when I'm doing squats). The thing that concerns me is this very faint clicking that occurs with every step I take. It happens just as my leg is coming to full extension, and I can't quite pinpoint it. I'm 26 years old, and I've always been quite healthy. I have no medical insurance (I live in the US) so I'm wondering if this is something that needs tending to, or if I should wait it out a little more.

Thanks in advance!

Offline plantgeek58

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Slipped on steps - should I get it checked?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:17:34 AM »
You're probably OK to wait it out as long as you continue to experience no problems with pain or mobility. If the soreness gets worse, however, or if the clicking starts to hurt, then you should absolutely get it checked out.
Terre
RK 7/04 part. m. menisc., plica resect., MF
    3/05 part. m. menisc., open OATS
    1/07 part l. menisc., MF, patellar chondroplasty
    9/08 MF
LK 11/04 & 8/06 part m. menisc.
     7/07 LR, patellar tendon debrid., part m. menisc.

Offline dog8food

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:04:10 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I really hope it was just something like a deep bruise that will eventually pass, because seeing a doc would really set me back financially. Is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing to assist the healing process?

Offline plantgeek58

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
Well, that would depend on what's actually wrong. Since we don't really know what the injury is, I'd hesitate to suggest anything specific. You could try cycling. That's usually good for getting the circulation going in the joint, which speeds healing. Other than that, just try to avoid any activity that causes pain and RICE if you do start to get sore.
Terre
RK 7/04 part. m. menisc., plica resect., MF
    3/05 part. m. menisc., open OATS
    1/07 part l. menisc., MF, patellar chondroplasty
    9/08 MF
LK 11/04 & 8/06 part m. menisc.
     7/07 LR, patellar tendon debrid., part m. menisc.