Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tried to do the Right Thing  (Read 706 times)

Offline JoniF

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Tried to do the Right Thing
« on: October 11, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
hello,

I live in a fairly warm climate and we get these little lizards that will will sometimes get in the house.  Well, my dog decided she was going going to have it for dinner if I didn't catch it and get it out of the house.  About two days ago I kneeled down on a tiled floor to try to catch it as they are very quick (not however; quicker than a determined Toy Fox Terrier).  As you can see from the many surgeries below in my signature, this was not teh brightest of ideas; however being an animal lover, I thought I would try and save this one.  Well, now the trouble is, my right knee (the good one) blew up to about three times its normal size, I felt something tear and my foot feels cold.  I am assuming that my foot feeling cold is just from the swelling.  Both knees are bad and I was supposed to have a TTT on my right knee as well, but after my experience with the left I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I am in need of major hip/knee realignment surgery on both knees as well; howeverr, I live in the US and I was told that the procedure that I need is not nationally done (unfortunately I do not remember what it is called).  I have been using the RICE method and the selling has come down some; however, when I bend past 90 degrees it begins to hurt and stiffen as if something is there.  Also, when I have it completely straight and try to bend it, it also becomes stiff and painful.  I'm really hoping it's not the menisicus.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for reading and sorry this is soo long.

Take care,
Joni
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 12:21:27 AM by JoniF »
1989 Lateral Release, debridement, and arthroscopic surgery - lk
1996 TTT, Elmslie-trillat procedure, lateral release and debridement - lk
1997 Debridement and hardware removal - lk
2006 Lateral Release, 2 meniscus tears repaired, & acl repair - lk
2008 Sev Patella Effusion - rt knee