Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Lateral Release  (Read 76665 times)

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Lateral Release
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »
Hi

I just wanted to thank you all again for your support, prayers and kindness over the last couple of days. I am afraid to post to much about her current condition as i don't want to cause any more worry or freak anyone out. If anyone has any questions on her progress feel free to ask me. I will do my best to answer all question, but you'll have to bare with me i'm not to up to date with all this medical lingo.

Thanks again

John
2006 Meniscus repair Right Knee
2007 Cartlidge removed nd debriment Right Knee
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline lmr1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 09:13:16 AM »
it's morning in the UK now and i am up and about.  I pray that you are still okay.  John there is nothing unmanly about crying, it's called letting your emotions out, and i believe the sign of a 'real man' is his ability to be able to show how much he cares.  Please dont worry about sharing her progress etc...........or details of her condition we care and can pray into specifics if we know what they are!!

It's important that you get some rest John.............so i hope that you have managed to get some sleep. 

Peace and strength is my prayer this morning..............peace for you to relax and rest, and know that whatever Cynthia's docs do they are helping her to recover, and strength for you both.

Much Love

Lisa x
left knee problems since 1994
2 clean outs cartlilage removed both times
Acl recon oct 2006- extensive arthritis in medial side
Mosaicpasty june 2008

Offline MD-F

• Regular Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »
Hi John/Cynthia

How are things? How is Cynthia?

I've been off line for a few days and was just about to reply to her PM that she sent me when I read your post.
I was really shocked as she sounded so up beat the last time she e-mailed. I am so sorry to hear of her set back, you must be assured that she is in the right place and they are doing the best for her. You sound like a fantastic boyfriend, it takes a real man to cry and show his feelings and that's what you are, a real man.

Please take care, you need your rest as you need to be strong for the both of you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Sending you both hugs and happy thoughts. Xx

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »
Hi Lisa and MD-F,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
This is the story of her condition so far. The doctors told me last night that she has double pneumonia, septic shock whatever that is and she is starting to show signs of kidney failure. He did say that her kidneys can recover so that is a good thing. She has chest drains in as she has fluid building up around her lungs.
At about 4am this morning all these alarms staring going off and the nurses and doctor came running. Her heart stopped beating for about 5 mins but they worked on her and got it going again. I don't have to tell you that scared the life out of me, i thought she was gone. But no my little fighter isn't ready to leave me. They were going to try and cut back some of her sedation and see how she would cope off some of the machines but after last nights little episode they are going to leave it for a while, they don't think she's strong enough at the moment and if taking her off the machine ment that her heart could stop beating again i wouldn't want them to do it.
Her mum and dad have managed to get a flight home today, there was a cancellation so that was a bit of luck. I'm sure when she hears their voices she will be happy cause she must be sick of listening to me at this stage. I am presuming she can hear me even though she is not concious. I asked her this morning if at all possibile would she stop scaring the crap out of me or i'll end up beside her with a heart attack. I'm nearly sure she smiled even though she has a big tube in her mouth.
So that's all the news this morning, she's still much the same and very weak.

Thanks

John
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:23:01 PM by Cynthia1982 »
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline lmr1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »
john

I prayed specifically for a flight for her parents, because it is important that they are there, both for you and for Cynthis.  It's just so tense and scary for you and for her right now.  I am so gald she is a fighter and is not giving in, but John we, I am here for you and for Cynthis too when she comes through this.  I have not been posting on this thread but something yesterday drew me to here and although we often do not understand why there is always a reason.  So please be reassured that there are prayers going on this side of the pond and that you are both in my thoughts right now. 

Remember to keep eating and keep your strength up, and i am sure that she is not fed up of hearing you, but is glad that you are there.

We cant have you having heart failure so keep strong, keep being supported and know constantly that you have kind thoughts and prayers flowing through nus to you!!!

Love Lisa x
Mosaicpasty june 2008

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »
Hi Lisa,

Thanks you for all your support. Her paerents arrived about an hour ago and they are with her now. I've just gone home to have a shower and get a change of clothes, then i'm going straight back.
I was showing her parents all the kind thoughts and prayers that ye guys have sent, they are very greatful and hope ye continue to pray for her.
The doctor will be around later this evening to speak to myself and her parents so i'll post again tonight with the latest updates.

Thank you all

John
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline lmr1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
i have a church thing tonight and will include her in the prayer requests at the end of the evening.  I am very glad her parents have made it to be with her and that you are taking time to look after yourself too.

Not sure where in Ireland you are...........Peterborough is certainly thinking and praying for miraculous healing.....

Love Lisa x
Mosaicpasty june 2008

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
Thanks lisa

We are in the wild west of ireland. Just between Sligo and donegal

Thanks
John
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »
Hi John,

Wow sounds like a lot going on over your way.  It's amazing how bad things can look and once they start to get better, they can really get better fast.  From what you posted it sounds like she has a pretty bad infection going on.  The sedation will help keep the rest of her quiet while the meds have a chance to knock out the infection.  It is scary to see for sure.  Glad her folks could make it home so quick.  Don't forget to take care of you too, eat enough and get some regular sleep if you can.  I sure know how tough that is.  I'm sure she is glad to hear your voice.  It must be scary from her view of things too.  Keep talking to her.

My hubby is ok now.  I still think he needs to quit smoking, but he's ok and still a thorn in my side thank goodness.

Will be keeping you both in my prayers.

Take care,

Milly
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline nadialife

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
Thank you so much for keeping in touch. So good to hear her parents are there now.

My thoughts are and will be with you.

N

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 10:34:44 PM »
Hi Milly,

Thanks for the reply.
There sure is a lot going on here. I'm hope that she is over the worst now and that things start to get better. She is on a lot of medication and i'm sure they are going to do the trick.
Glad to hear your husband is ok now, and definetly he needs to give up the cigarettes.
Nadialife thanks for the post.
The doctor is coming in about half an hour to see how things are progressing. I will update ye with any news.

Thanks
John
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:37:21 PM by Cynthia1982 »
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »
Hi,

The doctor was just with us. He said that cynthia has not shown improvement since her latest episode lastnight. He said they will continue to moniter her very closly and make sure that she is remains in a stable condition and is as comfortable as possible. They said that they were going to increase her pain medication as she is showing signs of discomfort. I don't know how they can tell this but i trust they are doing what they think is right. Her ankles are a bit swollen and they are saying this could be from the kidney issues she has at the minute. They have decided to give an even stronger antibotic to try and wipe out the infection. Hopefully then they will see some kind of improvement. The next 24hrs will tell how she responds to this latest bout of treatment.

Her parents and i have asked can a few of her little friends come in and see her tomorrow. On her days off cynthia would go to a school near our home. This is a school for children with downs syndrome. She got involved when one of her mothers friends had a little boy six years ago who had downs syndrome. He is very attached to her and she is very attached to him. Most places she goes he is there beside her. So needless to say he is asking why she hasn't been round to see him. His teacher rang to hear if there was any change as all the kids in the class were asking where she was, and their parents were ringing the school for news. There are 3 boys and 2 girls in the class that she visits. The docotrs have agreed they can visit tomorrow if she has a good night tonight and she is comfortable in the morning,but they can only stay for a couple of minutes. I'm sure they will think it's great fun having to put on gowns, gloves and masks going in to see her. I'm sure when she hears all their little voices she will know she has to fight so she can get back to them as soon as possibile. I just hope that it doesn't freak the little things out but their teachers will be with them and they have explained to them that there are a lot of machines and wires around and that it was important that they didn''t touch any of them.

Thanks again for your thoughts, prayers and kind words.
John
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:53:07 PM by Cynthia1982 »
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline lmr1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2008, 07:27:44 AM »
JOhn

Good rnorning

I hope you had an uneventful night and that plans that have been made today can be followed through.  What a terrific family Cynthia has, and i include you in that. I am sure that you are correct and that having familiar voices and people around her will help.  She sounds like a beautiful lady who has a lot of time and compassion for her fellow human beings........you too.

My prayer has been for peace and strength for the family and for miraculous healing for Cynthia and i will continue with you all being on my VIP prayer list until the work has been done. 

So stay strong John and remember to look after yourself too.

LOve Lisa
Mosaicpasty june 2008

Offline TIBBAR

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep em Guessing?????????????
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »
John
God bless you for keeping everyone up to date and for obviously loving her so much.
Your last post brought tears to my eyes big time. I have worked in the Special Education classroom for 23 years and when my knees began to give out I now have a job at the administration building but still in the SPED department. I have worked with many different disabilities and yes some of those children do touch your heart. Some of my kids I still keep up with although they are in their 30's now. I would not trade those years for anything even tho that is what started my knees on their slippery slope.
Please do keep us informed as much as you feel necessary. I too am praying for her complete recovery and you and her family. Bless you all.....     TIBBAR

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2008, 11:04:11 PM »
Hi all,

Thank you all for your heart felt words.
Her little visitors got to see her for 5 mins today. They were delighted to see her but couldn't understand why she was asleep and wasn't talking to them. They all drew her lovely pictures and made very colourful cards. The staff were great with them, they brought them an a little tour to show them all the machines and explained what they were all for. They wanted me to go with them they must have reckoned i needed to be educated as well. I never knew kids asked so many questions they are so funny. They looked so cute in their little gowns, hats and gloves and we can't forget the masks they were like mini doctors following the nurses around.

Cynthia had a reasonably comfortable night last night. She had to be suctioned by that horrible machine twice but apart from that nothing major. The doctors say she seems to be responding to the latest treatment so this is great and she had the chest drains removed an hour ago. All in all things seem to right at last.

Her parents are giving me the usual parental lectures about looking after myself they said nothing was going to happen to her if i went out for a while and insisted i left the hospital with them for a couple of hours to get some dinner.
Will keep ye all posted as things can only get better from here. ;D ;D

Thank you all for the support this week it is greatly appreciated and you will never know how much it ment to me.

John
2008 LR Left Knee