Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Signs of a failed knee replacement???  (Read 1369 times)

Offline saundersms

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Signs of a failed knee replacement???
« on: October 08, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »
Almost 2 years after a knee replacement, my knee is globally extremely painful.  Honestly, it NEVER feels good/nor right. 

I can not go up and down stairs, lifting my knee comes with great pain.   I am extremely frustrated.  After 7 years of dealing with my knee, and 10 surgeries later, I am so over my knee problems.  I have patella baja/arthrofibrosis, and 8 weeks ago my OS performed a lateral release/manipulation, hoping it may relieve some of my pain.  My ROM is only about 95 degrees because of stiffness and pain.  Has anyone had a failed knee replacement, and if so, what were the signs??
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:29:16 AM by saundersms »

Offline bfs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Signs of a failed knee replacement???
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02:17 AM »
I had a total knee replacement 3 years ago this month...it is loose...have been to a second doctor for a different opinion, and his response is no activity...walker, wheelchair or crutches...for a year now. I cannot stay off my knee...that is why I had surgery in the first place, so my quality of life would improve. I have quit working and do as little javascript:void(0);as possible, but we recently adopted a teenage girl from Belarus and I cannot just sit around. My knee replacement is in good position - just loose. It is by Zimmer...has anyone else had a problem with this? Three years and my pain just gets worse every day! In this economy, I really need to work! Need advise! 

support