Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hoping to get some advice on knee trouble  (Read 1394 times)

Offline stang99gtv8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hoping to get some advice on knee trouble
« on: October 07, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »
So I have never had an issue with a knee before and I am not quite sure what to look for in terms of signs or symptoms.

I was playing football about 3 weeks ago and hit my right knee on the gound. The bottom portion swelled up with what felt like fluid, and after about a week it went down and left what feels like a little lump on the bottom right outside side of the knee cap. Well this past week I was playing and got my leg tangled up with someone else and had my foot stay in one spot with my body twisting towards my foot, causing my right knee to pull to the outside and my left leg to go to the inside.

It felt at the time like something on that ouside portion of my knee, I guess the lcl, pulled but stopped before anything major happened and I just had a sense of ooo that was close. I played the res of the game fine and it didn't seem to bother me. Well when i was finished, my knee started swelling up againa nd it started getting sore and tender to turn in certain ways, and it feels like I get pains when i turn certain ways. It doesn't happen all the time, and since then i have tried running and cutting to the left and right with no trouble, but am still feeling pain off and on depending on how I move, and I still have what seems like fluid ad the knot in my knee.

If I feel the area where the LCL would be located it is sore to touch from bone to bone. I am thinking this is just a strain/sparin, but wanted to see if anyone had any opinons based on just this description and should I get it looked at before I attempt to play anymore.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
Re: Hoping to get some advice on knee trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 03:27:15 PM »
Hi there,

Sounds like you've given the knee a good tweak!  I would definately get it checked.  Hopefully you have been resting it and icing when is swells?  An OS or sports doc could tell you for sure what injury you have going on.  Hope it's just a sprain.  Good luck.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline stang99gtv8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
I am seeing the doc tomorrow but I am just trying to get a general sense of things now. I too and hoping it's just a sprain, as it doesn't feel like my knee will give out, it just feels "weird," like something is not quite right about it and it's a little too stiff. It also feels like my calf muscle is getting sore quick when i walk around, no idea what that would mean.

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »
Since your knee is feeling weird you may be walking a bit differnt causing the calf to get stiff.  When my knees really hurt I tend to walk more on my toes, and the calves get pretty stiff.  Let us know what the doc says.  Hoping it's just a sprain.  Fingers crossed.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.