Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patella maltracking  (Read 808 times)

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Patella maltracking
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »
I had surgery on the 22 of July this year. My surgeon told me after that i had patella maltracking which he said he corrected by preforming a latheral release, he also told me i had osteoarthritis. Since my op i have had a lot of pain and swelling. I have physio weekly and we are finding it hard to get my full range of movement back. I was back with my surgeon 1mth after surgery and he discharged me and said if i had any problems in the future to contact him, i have done this but he doesn't seem to bothered. My problem is that when i'm walking or lying on my stomach i get a certain degree of bend but that's as far as it will go, my physio has tried to push it futher but i just won't budge. If i'm lying on my back or sitting i can bend it futher but there is some pain and stiffness. I am walking with a limp, which isn't helping my other knee much by all the extra pressure going onto it. I have had 2 operations on my other knee and never had problems like this my recovery was always quick. Also while i was walking the other day it felt like something tore in my knee, Since then the pain and swelling has increased and is more painful wheni put my weight on it and when i am coming down the stairs. I also have a feeling like there is something rubbing together when i'm walking. Has anyone ever had problems like this? I was considering going to a different orthopeadic surgeon for a second opinion. I feel like i'm going to go mad that nobody understands what i'm going through they think i'm exagherting.
2006 Meniscus repair Right Knee
2007 Cartlidge removed nd debriment Right Knee
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline dode56

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Patella maltracking
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:57:56 PM »
I know what u r going through.  I had a pattella realignment in 2004, and it did not work.  I now am facing total knee replacement in Dec.  I don't know your age, but, I've been told, I'm too young to have my knee replaced.  Well, I decided I'm too young at the age of 56, to have to wait much longer to enjoy the rest of my life.  I was seen by a different ortho.  He showed me my x-rays, and I now have severe osteoarthiritis.  There is nothing left to fix anymore, but a total knee replacement sounds better than what I've been living with.  Get a second opinion.

Offline Plumb

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:09:14 AM »
I was 34 when I had my knee replaced.  If you sunk to your lowest low..  Go for it. There is only room to go up.  I knew I was going to be ok when I stood on my knee the day after the TKR.   NO more OA pain.  Just post surgical pain.  Ya know ya tender..

I had tri compartmental OA in my right knee and was on crutches for a year.  I had injections but the knee was toast.

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:29:39 AM »
Thanks for the words of advise. I'm only 26. I have had 2 surgeries on my right knee already and my recovery was a lot quicker. Now my right knee is getting quite sore from taking the extra pressure.  My OS told me after those surgeries that i had osteoarthritis and then when he did this job on my left knee he told me i had it in this knee also. He said i would need to get my 2 knees replaced when i'm older. I have arranged an appointment for a second opinion which is on the 20th of this month, i'm hoping he will have some answers for mr.
  Are you going to go ahead with the knee replacment? You said you are only 56 which is quite young for this kind of operation, but if it means a better quality of live for you i would go for it. If it was offered to me, the way i feel at the minute i'd get it done.
Thanks again for your advise
2006 Meniscus repair Right Knee
2007 Cartlidge removed nd debriment Right Knee
2008 LR Left Knee

support