Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Unknown problem  (Read 1179 times)

Offline darsemnos

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Unknown problem
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:23:58 AM »
All of the sudden my IT band has gotten really tight. Maybe it was the barefoot running I tried.

Anyway, something is wrong. The IT band is tight. If I sit in a chair and extend my leg, it feels like all the load is carried by the IT band. THe quad muscle actually feels soft, but the quad tendon underneath is taught. What is going on? I am really worried. I am going to try to find an orthopedic doctor who can see me tomorrow(Saturday) or go to a hospital and see if there are any orthopedic doctors there.

I wonder if for some reason the muscle is delaminating from the tendon. I'm really scared about what might be wrong.

Does anyone have a clue what this could be? It just feels like all the loads are being carried by connective tissue, rather than muscle. And I can feel this with my hands by touching the tendons and muscles.

Offline ACIMod

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Unknown problem
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 06:18:47 PM »
Hi Darsemnos,
Sorry to hear you're having problems. Running barefoot uses the foot and in fact the whole of the lower limb differently so if that was the first time you tried barefoot running that definitely may have been a factor in your current problem especially if you did quite a bit. How long after the running did you get these symptoms? I see your post was a while ago. Did you manage to see someone who could make a full medical assessment of your condition? I hope so but if you haven't as yet and things are still troubling you I suggest seeking out a good musculoskeletal physical therapist who should be able to help you. If you have managed to find some answers please let us know what the problem was in case others have similar experiences.
All the best.
ACI Mod

support