Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Newbie here looking for advice  (Read 774 times)

Offline shortbird

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Newbie here looking for advice
« on: October 05, 2008, 07:31:38 PM »
Hi all!

Just found this site and it seems like a good place to get some advice.

Almost three weeks ago i fell forwards down some stairs.

I hit my knee off one of the metal steps, and the pain was quite bad. It took my breath and made me feel sick.

My knee is still bruised, its hurts quite badly to bend and even the fabric of my trousers touching the patella area hurts like hell. It's swollen and hot to the touch all the time.

I was guessing it was just bruising, so have been taking pain killers, but not to much avail.

Any advice?

Many thanks in advance!   :)

Offline lmr1

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Newbie here looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:47:22 PM »
I am no expert in other peoples knee only my own.  However i do know that if thats all still going on after 3 weeks you should go get it checked out by people who know knees.  I dont know where you are situated but i am sure that many others here would second my advice in letting an expert have a look.

If you are in the UK and can afford it a physio would be able to tell you what is going on and whether then you need it checked further.  Most physios would charge aroun 30-35 to do an initial appointment.

If you are US bound or somehwhere else then i am afraid that they would have to tell you what the best solution would be because i don't have any idea of how things work out there.

Good luck and now that you have found this site please keep us informed of what happens.

Lisa
left knee problems since 1994
2 clean outs cartlilage removed both times
Acl recon oct 2006- extensive arthritis in medial side
Mosaicpasty june 2008

Offline shortbird

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your reply.

Im in the UK and i know a physio who i have seen before for plantar fasciitis.

I just feel a bit sill going in with a bruised knee!   :D

Offline lmr1

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:23:44 AM »
its never silly when you are talking about your body and it not feeling right.  You have tried painkillers etc for 3 weeks so it isnt like you haven't given it a chance.  So go and chat if that physio.........if it's nothing he will put your mind at rest............and if you need soemone further to look he will will able to advise you.

Lisa
left knee problems since 1994
2 clean outs cartlilage removed both times
Acl recon oct 2006- extensive arthritis in medial side
Mosaicpasty june 2008

support