Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee pain 10 months after arthroscopy  (Read 1157 times)

Offline liquidlen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain 10 months after arthroscopy
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:33:24 AM »
Hello

10 months ago i had an arthroscopy for a tear on my cartlidge of the left knee,after 2 to 3 months of excersise & walking i returned to my work as a pipefitter,however my knee never felt as good as it should of i.e not being able to twist my ankle left or right,so i stayed on my consultants books & returning to see him evey couple of months. He kept saying it was scar tissue & things would calm down,however,over the course of the last 5 months my knee pain & movement have become significantly worse, to the point of continually wearing a neoprene supoort, in constant pain, & hobbling around work (which is very physical) for 10 hours per day.On my last visit to my consultant i mentioned that my knee was about 10 times worse than before the op & wished i hadnt had it done,his reply was "we'll just put the camera back in to have another look" at no point did he physically examine me in any way nor ask where the pain was etc. (which is on the iside of my knee)i explained that more surgey would require another 6 or 8 weeks off work & suggested another mri scan before more surgery,as financially,more time off would be awkard,but he was having none of it,this was 6 weeks ago & my knee is getting worse, i would like to know how to get a second opinion on this matter asap or just to have anyones thoughts or feedback on this

cheers