Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Inne knee pain - not sure of damage?  (Read 1080 times)

Offline lukegiles2003

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Inne knee pain - not sure of damage?
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »
basically I was playing a football game yesterday and half way through, after a challenge I noticed a pain on the inside of my left knee. Altho it was fairly painful i was able to continue for the rest of the match at about 80 or 90%, even scoring.

After the match it was sore for the rest of the day, even when walking. Today, after ice yesterday the pain has subsided whilst walking but bending and straigtening hurts aswell as being sore to touch.

There is minimal swelling and it is located on the upper, inner side. I have had a hisrtory of knee problems including acl reconstruction, but all on my right knee. Im really asking what this injury sounds like, as I have big matches on saturday and wednesday, i know that i need to listen to my knee, the main question i have is if the pain subsides completely in the next couple of days would it be safe to play? is it possible that it is only a minor sprain or bruising as i was able to continue the match? I will see a physio but cant until next week.

thanks for any help.

Offline jathib

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • ACL recon, lateral menisectomy, lateral PKR
Re: Inne knee pain - not sure of damage?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
There's really no sense in trying to guess at what might be wrong. If you guess wrong you could end up in a world of hurt.

... the main question i have is if the pain subsides completely in the next couple of days would it be safe to play? is it possible that it is only a minor sprain or bruising as i was able to continue the match? I will see a physio but cant until next week.

Sure, it's possible it's only a minor sprain, but it's also possible it's a serious injury. I say this because when I tore my ACL completely I had very little swelling and I was able to walk home after the injury. A couple weeks later I was back to normal except for not being able to straighten my knee. The first time I jumped up while playing volleyball I landed in a heep on the floor. I didn't walk home that time and was in surgery a week later. My advice would be to wait until you're either completely out of pain or you've seen a doctor before you go back to playing. A physio is not a doctor.

support