Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New here with Patellofemoral knee pain and possible nerve entrapment  (Read 943 times)

Offline aces67

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi everyone! I'm new and need help. I'm a 28 year old female and my problems started 5 years ago. I started having pain in my kneecaps when I was 19. It wasn't terrible though and I didn't think much of it. By 2003 the pain was a little worse and it was accompanied by pain that ran down the outside of my leg and into my foot. My ortho said it was just patellofemoral knee pain. He did surgery on me and that helped my knee but not my leg. He then said the leg was something to do with my back. Shortly after I got pregnant and put everything on hold. Now since January of this year I've seen 2 neurologist, 1 neurosurgeon, 1 orthopaedic doctor and a rheumatologist. The Rheumatologist and the Neurosurgeon feel that my peroneal nerve is pinched at my knee joint. I'm going on October 10th to see an ortho that specializes in knee surgery.

What do you think? Have any of you ever experienced this? When the pain is there it feels like it's deep down in my leg and it varies between a 5 to a 10 on pain scale. It comes and goes with no particular pattern and Advil, Tylenol do nothing for it. I occasionally take Ultracet for it. I've had an MRI of my knee, leg and lower back. It showed edema in my knee and leg and in the marrow of my bone in my leg and that was it.

Any ideas on what else this could be? I've been bounced around so much and I'm looking for any tips/advice you have before my next appointment.

Thanks!!

Amanda
2003-diagnosed with patellofemoral pain in both knees
2005-lateral release surgery on L worst knee
Currently waiting for my consult with new Ortho surgeon.

support