Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee Pain  (Read 888 times)

Offline darmitage1215

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Pain
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:30:22 AM »
my knee has pain but it comes and goes but feels like my knee cracks when I bend my knee, what could this be? sometimes its hard bending my knee and other days no problems! feels tender on the side of my knee on the outside!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:33:28 AM by darmitage1215 »

Offline Beda

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
    • Bedas Atelier
Re: Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:48:17 AM »
The knee is a profusely complicated joint, and can be affected by many injuries etc, sometimes, you dont even realise youve done something wrong before the knee starts to hurt. But one thing is for sure, pain is a symptom that something is wrong, and you dont say if you have had any injuries lately or longer time ago to give pre-empathy to your pains. You need to write on the post again if you have had an injury, what happened, when it happened, what you have been doing to ease the pain. What makes the pain come, what makes it go away, there can be thousands of things wrong with your knee and your symptoms are pretty diffuse, so my advice to you woul d be try to illustrate your problems a bit better, then I'm sue that soemone will be able to identify with your problem. Cos one thing is sure, your not the ONLY one here thats got knee problems!!! theres a lot of really kind people answering posts like yours, and may be able to say 'I know what that possibly could indicate'. But of course dont use this board as a means for a cheap diagnosis. When it comes to the crunch, the most correct thing to do would be to seek a doctors opinion. If your living in the UK then it would be your GP who takes primary care, and if he sees fit will refer you to an OS tht specializes in knee pains. You dont say how old you are eiher. thant can play a big part in the diagnosis.
Hope all goes well for you, Greetings
Beda
'79 trauma v.knee
'81surgery patella lux.
'84 osteochondritis dissecans
'86 osteotomy
until now 16 knee surgerys ink. 6 failed tkr. pretty much exhausted all areas and types of surgical proceedures for knees
all TKR's loosened & failed
2008 wait for Final arthrodesis
constant pain

support