Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TKR post-op Day 27  (Read 6737 times)

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: TKR post-op Day 27
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2003, 03:43:50 PM »
Hi all,

I have a plan today....

I'm calling my os again this morning--need pain meds and coumadin and I am pretty sure I'll get a response to that.  since i had my INR yesterday they will need to talk to me about that before we reorder coumadin anyway.

however, if I haven't heard from him by 1, I'm going to either call my pcp or get a ride tot he er--I am not going to wait until Thursday's appointment struggling and spinning my wheels like this.  Grr-rr

bc, I didn;t have any of this grief with my first tkr--probably a good thing and the reason why I had this one--lol.

Take care--Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2003, 07:47:06 PM »
Sylvia:

I'm glad you've decided to do something about your pain and not wait until Thursday. I agree with Heather that a lot of your frustration could be due to lack of sleep. When I was in a pain management program, they told of a study where they took healthy people with no history of pain and deprived them of sleep. Within a couple of days, they all reported pain of some kind. So imagine if you already have pain and add sleeplessness into the mix! Good luck and I hope you have better pain control starting today!

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2003, 08:19:22 PM »
Hi!

Well I called at 8:45--no problem with ordering my meds and then I again asked about my real issues--and I guess we shall see....But after lunch, I'm doing something else.  I'm feeling a bit as if this is unimportant--as am I--and that is not right.  The nurse asked me where I was going to be and I told her home--all day--and then she muttered because we have "privacy manager" on our phone.  All that does is weed out anonymous telemarketers.  My docs office couldn't be using a phone like that could they?  I get other phone calls from them regularly--to remind me of appointments and from the billing office and the scheduling desk.  Hmm....

Oh well, this is about getting me better, no more no less--because I am important enough to deserve that.

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2003, 11:14:01 PM »
Sylvia-

You are definitely right.  You DO deserve that.  

Hang in there.  As hard as it is sometimes to believe, things WILL get better.

My thoughts are prayers are with you.

-Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2003, 03:41:45 AM »
Well--My hubby convinced me that I had to give them a chance to return my call--and since my doc didn't get into the office until 1--I am still waiting.  I'm thinking that since it is after 6:30, it is not going to happen--but they did call in my meds.

I'm so sore and blue--this seems so wrong, that I cannot get a phone call.  I'll call my pcp in the morning.  she will help me.

My back is killing me--on top of anything and everything else.  Grr-rr--Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2003, 04:18:43 AM »
Sylvia-

I know your frustration in waiting for your OS to call.  After they called to reschedule my appt. I am now also waiting for a call back.  So, I guess we can wait together.

Hope you are finding some relief in your pain.

Hugs and happy knee thoughts.

-Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2003, 07:54:03 AM »
Well--my hubby was right.  My os called at 8:30 tonight and told me that he has been trying to cal me for several days but the privacy manager on our phone wouldn't let him through.  I hope he can forgive my thoughts.

He told me that he has reviewed all of the notes and paperwork and even with colleague support, he cannot  explain what has went on or why--but he has a plan for addressing it.  He is going to try to get me added to his surgical schedule on Thursday.  He wants me to get another epidural--one that works well and stays in place, and then to have what he called a "whiff of gas" and then he will work the manipulation of my knee.  He then wants to keep me in the hospital for a few days for effective pain management and some heavy duty physical therapy.

I told him yes--I need something different...I am praying this is the right track.  He is especially concerned because I am so far along post-op.  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline lizl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I've fallen and I cannot get up?
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2003, 08:08:39 AM »
WOW! :o

It does sound like you are being taken seriously at last. Sorry you have to go back to the hospital, but that's so much better than continuing to suffer.

Good luck! We will all be waiting to hear that you are much better.

LizL
2003: 1/28-29Fell on wet floor,broke kneecap
ORIF(hdwr&immob)
Post-op drug reaction
3/4-5/13 brace
3/21-8/28PT
12/19Hardware removal,scope,partial meniscectomies
2004: More PT
lost job
Settledw/WC Oct
2005: Personal injury lawsuit--reschedulings,failed mediation
2006: settled out of court in March

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2003, 08:16:25 AM »
Wow Sylvia!

I'm so sorry that you have to go back into the hospital but I am glad that this is going to be addressed and hopefully the manipluation will work well for you. This is going to be so much better for you than having to continue suffering. I was having thoughts of calling my OS to address my flexion issues because I just can't take the pain at PT anymore-we actually had to take it a little easier on Monday because I was fighting her back so much and couldn't take the pain. After hearing how your OS is dealing with this maybe I should consider a call in to him. Anyway, if I don't talk to you before then, good luck for Thursday and I really hope this makes things better for you-you deserve for it to be better!!!

Lots of (((HUGS)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Happycructchchck

• Regular Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2003, 04:45:07 PM »
Sylvia,

I'm so glad that the OS was able to reach you at last and is taking you seriously now.  I know that the hospital is not a fun thought, but at least it is a step in the direction of trying to resolve your pain!

Good luck and you will be in my prayers!

Thinking good knee thoughts,
Paige
RT Tibial Plateau Fracture 5/6/03, 5 pins & 2 plates
Arthroscopy & Manipulation 10/10/03
ROM - Able to bend to 110 with very hard work- still a lot of pain at fracture site
ACL damage also

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2003, 06:42:50 PM »
Thank you all for your honest thoughts and reassurances.  I'm waiting for the schedule and details--so that I can indeed move on with t6his and my life.

As always, having a plan makes dealing with the onslaught of pain from my knee--and ankle abnd wayward body seems a bit easier today.  boy, it hurts though.

I have both pt and a visit with my therapist who is helping me with depression today.  hopefully that will work to alleviate my anxiety and--well that darn pt had better not make me cry or scream or puke...

I am so lucky to have my kneegeek family!  Hugs, Sylvia

Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Jam

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2003, 11:07:26 PM »
Hiya Sylvia

My name is Julie and I have just found this site and it has made me feel 100% better about my problems I am having with my knee.  I have had severe problems with the knee dislocating for 14 years but have only had the Elmsie Trillat procedure done on it 3 weeks ago and when I read your post op diary it was like I was reading about myself.  I also have a 5 year old and a 1 year old and I am so frustrated and angry with everyone and everything.  People don't seem to understand why I am embarrased when I can't even get in and out of the shower on my own.  I have been on crutches and wheelchair bound since the 2nd of June and I am slowly reaching the end of my teather I feel like a child and can't wait until I can just get up of the settee and walk unaided.  Like you I am looking forward to getting back on my bike and exercising but the physio is not so keen to talk to me about the recovery time of my operation which is even more frustrating, but I keep telling myself it could be worse and am trying to stay positive but it is very hard indeed.

Well I think I have bored you enough but I just wanted you to know that I am here if you need to talk and hope you are feeling abit better.

What country are you from.

Julie

Offline Teresa

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2003, 12:36:37 AM »
 ;D :Dhurrah sylvia,no I am not cheering you going into hospital again,but at the same time I am...someone has listened to you and done something at long last!they must sort your pain and sleep issues out for you and your familys sake.I think you may have gone in by the time you get this..it is 9.30pm on wednesday evening here.I am praying for you like mad that you will come out of this a new woman..make sure you are not discharged until you are absolutely happy with all your meds.god bless
Teresaxxxxx
Arthroscopy 93,L knee .Bil arthroscopies,washouts,surface scrapes & semi-open lateral releases jan 03.

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2003, 04:36:29 AM »
HI!

Julie--I am in Illinois (USA)  I am the mother of 8 from ages 5-21, all still at home and I'm a teacher--elemntary remedial reading--possibly third grade whenever I get back to work.  I so understand the frustration part of all of this--it is the real kick in the pants.

Teresa--I understand what you are saying--I am relieved to have been heard and to have a plan inplace.  I m exhausted with all of this and am looking forward to a shift in that tide :)

Thanks for your kindness--:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  Sylvia

Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2003, 03:19:57 PM »
HI There--

Here I am playing on the board--but I will take my shower in about 10 minutes and get ready to leave for the hospital.  I'll talk to you all soon...and be ready to share my IMPROVEMENT with you.

Please--take care of those knees and be kind to yourselves.

Hugs, Prayers and Love to you all--Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio