Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Question about knee problems I have  (Read 856 times)

Offline Katerz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Question about knee problems I have
« on: August 10, 2003, 04:38:03 AM »
Hi! I have been having a lot of hip and knee problems lately. I've been seeing a chiropractor due to the pain in my sacral area, which could possibly be causing the problems in my knees.

Here are the symptoms--

When I sit for longer than a few minutes, I have to extend my left knee to pop it. When I exercise or stand, I have to twist to pop my right knee. If I don't pop them, I am uncomfortable.

When I sit for longer periods of time, I feel like my left knee is going numb

If I stretch my legs out (say on an ottoman or coffee table), for an extended period of time, I then have trouble bending them to stand or move and it causes lots of pain.

If I sit on the couch with my legs curled up (bent) for long periods of time, I then can't extend my legs.

I've been getting sharp pains on the interior side of my left knee cap during normal activities.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks
Kate

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • LoveBug
Re: Question about knee problems I have
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 05:19:32 AM »
Hi Kate

My first question is did you do something to your knee to injury it to begin with??

My next question and or statement is, if you have not been to an Orthopedic Doctor than I would definitly go to see one asap!

I do not know exactly what your problem is with your knee, but I do know that when my knee was maltracking, subluxing and dislocating it would "lock-up" and I would describe the exact things that you are, with not being able to sit, or stand or exercise for long periods of time. I was in pt before my last knee surgery and when they would put me on the leg press machine, everytime that I would extend my leg would lock and I would have to shift it aaround until it popped, sometimes it got so bad that my pt would have to manipulate it back into place because I could not.

I hope this helped you in some way, if you have had any previous surgeries in the past then I would also tend to think it could be scar tissue causing it to lock and feel the way it does.

My best advice is get to an os as soon as you can, because with your left leg going numb, I wouldn't mess around with that!

Good luck, and let us know what you find out
Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04