Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tyler's Post-op Through the eyes of a mother  (Read 75522 times)

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tyler's Post-op Through the eyes of a mother
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »
LMAO = Laughing my ___ Off and you can guess what the "F" added means. 

Lori, where are you?  Do we have to hijack your thread again to get your attention?  Did you smother under that pile of homework?  Are you still hung over from all of those party drinks?  Huh, huh, huh?  Come back.  We miss you!
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »
Loriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....what the heck are you drinking, lady? We started discussing having a drink, and you vanished. Lol. Did you have one too many?? :P ;D Or did you kill the hubby while hes on vacation driving you nuts, and now are in hiding?? Lol.... 8) :P Peek your head in for a sec to let us know you aren't either a. drunk, or b. in jail, k? ;D

Laughing at the computer lingo. Im up on all that....lol, lmao, lmfao, roflmao, roflmfao....I have 2 teenage daughters and one thats 22, so they educated me well. :o

DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline 3Diggersmom

• Regular Poster
« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2008, 10:45:48 PM »
Where is Lori?  Hopefully I won't tune in to see you on an episode of 'Snapped'......the show on WE that tells stories about women who "snapped" and committed some crazy crime....just thinkin about your hubby being on vaca and you needing to work double-time!   :o
9/07 Subluxations of LK began-soccer
10/07 2nd sublux of LK-basketball
11/07 Arthro of LK to remove loose body
12/07 3rd sublux. of LK-bball
1/08-8/08 PT
8/17/08-violent sublux of RK, fract cartlg behind patella-bball
8/23/08-open surgery on RK, 3 screws, NWB 10wks, PT
11/11/08-2nd surgery scheduled

Offline rouprak

• Regular Poster
« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2008, 08:39:51 AM »
Hey,

LORI where are you - we miss you? I hope that you are doing something mega fun and Tyler is doing well!!

Look forward to hearing all your news! ;D

Love George x :D
1992 - Growing pains!!!
1996 - ACL injury skiing
2003 - Charity wlak 60km! AGONY, MISTAKE
2003-2008 PHYSIO
24 Oct 08 - TTT/LR
Jan 2010- screw removal, arthroscopy and chondroplasty

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #304 on: November 25, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
Hey Lori

How are you doing ? How is T doing ?

I have been thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok. How are things going at school and are Ts friends back in touch more.

ANyway come back soon.
11/5/07 LR right knee and cartilage tidied up
6/8/07 Knee aspiration, steroid injection- more physio
22/8/07 Knee to be scoped for answers
16/5/08 Patella stabilisation for  subluxations
24/6/08 Infection -hospitalised for a week. Debridement surgery
21/11/08 Repeat patella stabilisation performed

Offline Tabitha

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #305 on: November 26, 2008, 09:12:59 PM »
Hi Lori,
   I was just checking in with you, hope that you and Tyler are doing well!

Stay healthy,
                 Tabitha
ACL injured 2006- Snowboarding
Reinjured ACL + miniscus 8/18/08- Playing frisbeee
ACL Autograft/ Lateral Miniscal repair  9/12/08
Started PT 9/29/08
80 degree ROM

Offline 3Diggersmom

• Regular Poster
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
[size=18

Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope you enjoy your family and friends and T is doing well!!
pt][/size]
1/08-8/08 PT

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2008, 06:33:02 PM »
Hello........ I miss you all soooo much! Im really sorry I have not been on, but I have had a really CRAZY past few weeks....I have been helping out a friend with her kids, watching them during the day... doing MEGA amounts of school work, PT, Girl scout functions, Girls on the Run stuff ( my daughter ran a 5 K YAY) Mom has been hanging out, Hubby was on vacation, water pipe under slab foundation broke, computer would not work... (duh... disconected cable....)  I have been a running fool.....
By the end of the day Im worn out, and have not even been able to stay awake to watch any of my shows......3 weeks behind on all my favs...

Tyler is doing GREAT. He went back to school last Monday... YAY He still has more work to do, so we have been going to his Homebound teacher after PT, after school... The Basketball Team has invited him to travel with him and attend all games, so hes kinda happy about that...although he wants to play soooo bad, you just see it as he sits there encouraging them to score! He did get to go to the Celtics game... he earned it, He is still working very hard at school work, .. it seems like whenever he is almost done  another teacher gives him more tests or work he needs to do freom when he was out. I am still trying to get his last report card fixed, and am curious about what this one holds....
He is down to one crutch at school, and thats only cause of the crowds in the hall, and he sometimes gets tired.... All the walking has caused his  I .T . Band in his thigh to tighten up causing him to limp and over use the knee muscles....which gets achy.... He was so sore the other day he had to use his crutches to just get around in the house... but it comes and goes and Im sure its just from all the added activity...
He fell down the stairs on Friday, hurt his tail bone a little, but the knees are ok.... no biggie tho... just added 20 more grey hairs to my head....He cant ride the bus yet, cause he only has a 90 degree bend  with the braces on and the bus driver makes them sit 2-3 to a seat... he just cant do that, he can sit on the bus if he turns his body sideways.... but they wont let him have a whole seat to himself.... I have to go to the district office on that.... so until I can get him permission, I have to drive him....YAY. 

Alot of weird things have happened in the past few weeks, and Im sur Ill catch you all up on them soon.... some pretty interesting, funny stories... and several frustrating ones.... but for now.... IM BACK!!!!  I have missed you alll so much..... I need to go see what everyone is up to, and how you are all doing. Im sorry if you were worried, Im fine.... T is fine...... We are just waiting for the normalcy to kick in.... Im sick of fighting with insurance companies.... school boards..... teachers..... bus drivers.... creditors..... ect... and Im so happy that i figured out I dont need a new computer... (stupid cable) I have my life line back!!!!!!

Lenore you dont need a husband...... you need a WIFE! 
Diggers mom..... LOL No I have not Snapped yet....but if you see my pic on there.....send me a quick note....k? it could happen soon.... hows John?
Donna    Not in jail..... ha ha If I was , Id still be there cause   I couldnt affort the bail money..... Hubby ok? Ill check your thread and get updated.
George, joanne, Farrah ,Tabitha, Data pop... (hows Annie?)  Sorry I just miss you all.....and Ill post on everyones thread....    HUGS TO ALL>>>>>>>>>

Offline BigSkyGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
Glad to have you back!!  Glad Tyler is doing so well, ask the PT about doing some foam roller exercises for his tight IT Band.  I have same issue and it does wonders for loosening it up!!
02/11/08 - LK ACL/MCL tears, fibula fracture - skiing in CA
04/14/08 - ACLr PT autograft

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »
BSG.... He loves the foam rollers... I just cant seem to simulate that one at home.... I can get in there and use my thumbs.... but I have not mastered the rollers yet. I tried a rolling pin, with foam wrapped around it... and I even tried a pool noodle... ...I just let the therapists do this one...                He loves it though... it kinda tickles... in a it hurts kinda way says he....  ????      Glad to be back.

Offline rouprak

• Regular Poster
« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2008, 07:15:53 PM »
Yay welcome back LORI  ;D

Glad that all is ok! Been so long was getting worried!

I cant believe the bus story! Bloody hell surely thats not legal/safe anyway is it??

Glad T is doing well! Always something that starts to ache after you have had a knee op! I find my hamstrings are the problem for me and also where i had the lateral release......thought was suppose to release yet feels the opposite!!!!!

Will leave you a while as sounds like you very hectic and also got loads of threads to catch up! Dont worry about reading all of mine!!!! You will be there for hours!

My knee is at 90 degrees so me and T are doing well!

Take care and so glad you back!

x
1992 - Growing pains!!!
1996 - ACL injury skiing
2003 - Charity wlak 60km! AGONY, MISTAKE
2003-2008 PHYSIO
24 Oct 08 - TTT/LR
Jan 2010- screw removal, arthroscopy and chondroplasty

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2008, 07:35:20 PM »
YAY!  LORI AND T ARE BACK!!!  YIPPEE!!!  HOORAY!!!   

I'm so glad to hear everything is OK.  T is back to school and touring with the B ball team...that's awesome.  It has to kill him that he isn't able to play but at least they are still including him as part of the team.  Hope he's able to catch up on the schoolwork.  Sounds like you're all trying very hard.  Good job!
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline BigSkyGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »
I know exactly what he means about the rollers, it is definitely a hurts so good kind of thing.  My hubby laughs when I'm on the floor with it 'cause I'm like - ohh, ouch, OWW, oh,....ahhhh.  He says he wonders what I'm doing....oops TMI..... I use it on my quads and hams as well.

I got mine from the PT Palace and they only charged me $14.00 way cheaper than on the web.
02/11/08 - LK ACL/MCL tears, fibula fracture - skiing in CA
04/14/08 - ACLr PT autograft

Offline 3Diggersmom

• Regular Poster
« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2008, 02:04:17 AM »
Hi Lori,
Welcome back!  Geez i thought we were going to have to make a road trip to make sure you were still alive and well  :)  Glad to hear T. is back and is going to travel with the team.  John is doing okay.  He is definitely sick of being hurt.  I think its hard for him to watch his friends play, but he is a great teammate to them, very encouraging.  I get so sad just watching him keep stats though.  I know I should be happy he's healthy, etc. but I get down about it.  Can't wait to hear some of the stories you have coming.  Have a great night, glad your back I missed you. 
1/08-8/08 PT

Offline Tabitha

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2008, 03:25:21 AM »
Lori,
     Glad you are back, I was worried there for a while.

Sounds like you have just been running around like crazy! Glad that Tyler is doing well, and you are back on though!
ACL injured 2006- Snowboarding
Reinjured ACL + miniscus 8/18/08- Playing frisbeee
ACL Autograft/ Lateral Miniscal repair  9/12/08
Started PT 9/29/08
80 degree ROM

support