Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tyler's Post-op Through the eyes of a mother  (Read 75507 times)

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
Re: Tyler's Post-op Through the eyes of a mother
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2008, 02:38:34 AM »
Alcohol?! Did someone say alcohol?? :P What can I bring? Bacardi and coke? Long island iced tea mixers? Ill bring ANYTHING!! And drink anything for that matter!! Just count me in!!

gosh, I sound so pathetic..... :-[

Donna
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline rouprak

• Regular Poster
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2008, 10:38:27 AM »
Alcohol -count me in too! ha ha! I shall be there with a vat of wine! Like that idea!

Anyway on a more serious note ( not that Alcohol is not serious!) how are you doing Lori? Hope Tyler is doing well and up to date with everything in physio etc

. Did you manage to speak to the slchool about him? Hope you get all sorted out! YOu seen a very determined person and sure that they will realise that all you are trying to do is get the best for your son!

Anyway, i gotta run the phone ringing!

Take care Lori

George x
1992 - Growing pains!!!
1996 - ACL injury skiing
2003 - Charity wlak 60km! AGONY, MISTAKE
2003-2008 PHYSIO
24 Oct 08 - TTT/LR
Jan 2010- screw removal, arthroscopy and chondroplasty

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »
Long Island Iced tea? Yummy!  I'll take one of those.  (That's all it would take to knock me out). 

The bribe sounds like a great idea Lori but don't be so hard on yourself.  That's not a bribe.  That's doing something very special for a son that's trying really hard.  Sounds like a great idea.

Make hubby help out this week.  You deserve a vacation too.
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline Thekaratekid

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »
Hi Supermom,

Sorry I've not been around for a while.

Just caught up on your news, wow Tyler is doing fab walking at home with no crutches! Good for him  ;D ;D

I can't believe the schools have sprung so much work on him at this late stage!! That is so unfair no wonder he feels stressed!

When I was a kid I was terrible at leaving everything to the last minute, my Mum ended up helping me make a planner for my bedroom wall that planned out my days completely. It really helped me organise myself cause it would have stuff on like english 1 hour then 10 minute break, maths 1 hour, 1 hour free time etc. She was great at making me stick to it including having the breaks so that I didn't get too stressed and I loved ticking off what I had done. Just thinking perhaps you could make something similar for Tyler?

Trace x

23/07/08 - MPFL Reconstruction
28/11/07 - LR (Failed)
4 years of physio and acupuncture
23/12/03 - Arthroscopy
7 years of physio, insoles, brace, MRI scans and Xrays
1996 - knee problems started

Offline datapopp

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2008, 12:07:26 AM »
Hi Davori;

I am glad to hear Tyler is doing so well!!  I haven't been around for awhile and thought I would check in.  I had the same problem with Annies school and I finally just put her in a Home Independent study program through Laurel Springs Homeschool ... just for this semester and hired a tutor for Algebra II.  They are accredited and keep track of grades, work,  etc.  I went in and talked to the schools about her receiving zeroes in everything while she had been out and it was like running into a brick wall....
She is currently taking 8 courses instead of the six and will finish the semester before the kids in the public school, and is working 2 days a week.  She finally got approval to begin spin class this week Yeah...anyways good luck and look at other alternatives if the school won't budge Tyler should not have to suffer any consequences for his surgeries....

Offline BigSkyGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2008, 01:45:05 AM »
Did I hear someone mention adult beverages??   ;D :D ;D :D
02/11/08 - LK ACL/MCL tears, fibula fracture - skiing in CA
04/14/08 - ACLr PT autograft

Offline Tabitha

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2008, 04:49:37 AM »
COUNT ME IN! ;D I have earned a drink, I make a mean lemon drop! YUMM!

-Hope you're well Davori, way to go Tyler with ditching the crutches, it's hard, but it strengthens those quads right up!

~Tabitha
ACL injured 2006- Snowboarding
Reinjured ACL + miniscus 8/18/08- Playing frisbeee
ACL Autograft/ Lateral Miniscal repair  9/12/08
Started PT 9/29/08
80 degree ROM

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »
sorry I have been mia.... boy what a way to come back.... I get to the party late.... and you are all already on your way to happyville   ....lol  dont worry... Ill catch up.....  I am on my way to the school to get a little help..... so I will pop in an answer all the posts later on tonight..... and I dont know who it was that was questioning the helpfulness of hubby..... but........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D                      >:( really now.... do any of you truelsy KNOW a man that is REALLY HELPFUL around the house????? if so Im moving in with you!!!!!
                   Hugs   Lori

Offline Tabitha

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2008, 09:24:17 PM »
We'lll have to have another cyber-party! I never actaully made a drink I was all talk!

My husband is pretty helpful around the house, but I noticed it right away and married him, plus he's cute so he kinda like the perfect man, unless I am mad. Then he's a jerk.

Hope that you are doing well and your little man is getting onto his way to walking crutchless all the time, and then to school hopefully.

~Tabitha
ACL injured 2006- Snowboarding
Reinjured ACL + miniscus 8/18/08- Playing frisbeee
ACL Autograft/ Lateral Miniscal repair  9/12/08
Started PT 9/29/08
80 degree ROM

Offline 3Diggersmom

• Regular Poster
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2008, 12:44:01 AM »
Hi Lori,
Hope you get somewhere with the school stuff.  I will be glad when John goes back, it is impossible to stay caught up and I have discovered that while they say, "don't worry, take your time"  That is crap.  They mean, get it done as quick as your non-hurt peers or else.
 I hate to be cynical like that, but that is the sorry truth. 
Even if Tyler doesn't get all the work done, take him to that game for trying.  Like I said, it's next to impossible!  John is a sophomore and is taking advanced science and math, but still.... I really thought they'd lighten the load a little or give him more time....sorry Charlie, no such deal!!!
Tyler sounds like he is moving right along and will be back in no time, did you decide on a date yet for his return?  I think you said, 12/1, right?  That's John's return date too.
Well, gotta change into some comfy clothes!
Oh, my hubby is very helpful...sorry....he has his moments though, just like all the rest!  He puts up with me though, so gotta keep him  :-*  Have a great night!

PPS-Hey Datapop, so good to hear from you, I have wondered about Annie and you!  Great idea about the homeschooling!  Good for you!
9/07 Subluxations of LK began-soccer
10/07 2nd sublux of LK-basketball
11/07 Arthro of LK to remove loose body
12/07 3rd sublux. of LK-bball
1/08-8/08 PT
8/17/08-violent sublux of RK, fract cartlg behind patella-bball
8/23/08-open surgery on RK, 3 screws, NWB 10wks, PT
11/11/08-2nd surgery scheduled

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2008, 05:25:26 AM »
haha I never made a drink either, but Im still game. :P

Lori....my hubby is great around the house. Probably more anal about things than I am, and thats pretty bad. :o Not sure you would want to move in now though, as he is quite the cranky one. Lol. Mr. Tough guy isnt so tough right now, just ornary...but Ill still keep him. :P

DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2008, 12:31:03 PM »
Actually I think I was the one that mentioned hubby being helpful around the house.  Easy for me to say because I don't have a hubby.  LOL  It was wishful thinking for you Lori. 

I'm still looking for the husband that will prepare my Thanksgiving dinner, coordinate and entertain all the guests, serve dinner, clean up dinner, etc. while I sit my fat ass on the couch and watch the football game and do nothing.  LOL 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:33:20 PM by lenorem9 »
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
LMAO good luck with that, Lenore!! :P ;D 8) :)
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
REPLACEMENT 5-09

Offline 3Diggersmom

• Regular Poster
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2008, 01:04:06 AM »
Okay, its pretty sad that I just asked my 14yr. old what LMAO meant and he rattled it right off!  I gotta keep up with the times more!  Oh yeah and he said....hey mom, I won't tell you what LMFAO means.....Crazy kid!! :o
9/07 Subluxations of LK began-soccer
10/07 2nd sublux of LK-basketball
11/07 Arthro of LK to remove loose body
12/07 3rd sublux. of LK-bball
1/08-8/08 PT
8/17/08-violent sublux of RK, fract cartlg behind patella-bball
8/23/08-open surgery on RK, 3 screws, NWB 10wks, PT
11/11/08-2nd surgery scheduled

Offline rouprak

• Regular Poster
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2008, 02:12:39 PM »
Maybe is a USA thing as i have no idea what it means......................?

x
1992 - Growing pains!!!
1996 - ACL injury skiing
2003 - Charity wlak 60km! AGONY, MISTAKE
2003-2008 PHYSIO
24 Oct 08 - TTT/LR
Jan 2010- screw removal, arthroscopy and chondroplasty