Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Tyler's Post-op Through the eyes of a mother  (Read 80057 times)

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tyler's Post-op Through the eyes of a mother
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »
Thanks Trace.... Im now pretty sure it was not me that messed up.... tyler is feeling better... he has not been throwing up.. unlike my daughter... :(  I swear its been a rough couple of days.... Tylers bruise is incredible!!! It started out looking like severe burns.. now its beginning to turn all kinds of pretty and yucky shades..... It goes all the way his thigh...to his butt... and the calf is beginning to burise up nicely too.... The brace is just too painful to put on and get up to pee.. so we have decided to use the immobilizer temporarily...... I just can keep enough ice frozen to give him the relief he wants... so for now he is setteling for mildy cold packs...... My Morgan has a fever.. but for the time being she has stopped throwing up... Thank God ! I have been a constant whirl of motion since yesterday.... between carring puke buckets... lysol, cleaning the carpet ... bring meds.. ice... potty breaks... popsicles... soup.... crackers ....washing blankets... changing clothes....  phew........ Im exhausted.... Morgan is worried she cant go trick or treating tomorrow... Tyler is worried she wont either... ( cause he has know he would not go.. but was really counting on her to bring home the goodies... lol)    Mom is coming tonight to stay a few days... In not entirely sure where she is going to sleep..... My whole up stairs is free... lol 

I have to go... I have an open house at Morgans school tonight... and I really need a shower... yuck! Hopefully someone will come to relieve me so I can go....... ( I must say tho... if I go.... i may not come back for a while..) lol   They will find me asleep in my van in the school parking lot...lol  cause lets face it.. where else do I have to go??     Ill talk to ya later....   Hugs to All    Lori

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2008, 04:25:05 AM »
{HUGSSSSSSSSSSS} Lori!! Hope this finds you sound asleep with a nice, warm comfy blanky. Im so sorry you have had such a crappy  (or should I say pukey) couple of days. :-X My goodness, girl, you have got your hands full, dont you?? Im glad though that you know that you arent the reason T got sick. That would've bugged me too. I panic about those kinds of things. Tomorrow will be a better day for ya, I just know it. Sleep well, and have sweet dreams...... :D

hugs....DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »
Hey Lori, just checking in.  How's all the puking going?  What an awful week for you.  Good thing you didn't get the puking too. 

Hope everyone is a little better today.  And I really hope you got that shower.  P-U!!!
07/07  Injured @ Taekwondo
11/07  ACL allograft, Posterolateral corner recon
01/09  Scope for scar tissue, notchplasty
02/09  Diagnosed w/arthrofibrosis/IPCS
04/09  Scope for scar tissue, lateral/medial release
05/09  MUA
11/09  Scope for scar tissue, chondroplasty
Learning to "live with it"

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2008, 11:52:24 PM »
Morgan is feeling better... Tylers pain is managed..as long as i dont make him move... Mom has taken over the love seat.. and Hubby well.... Its football seanson..need I say more?  Cassie the dog has been walking around for hours trying to find a place to burry the saltine she stole from Tyler....and  I have just been.... well.... nevermind..... Im here.. doin what I do... I really wish i had something interesting.. or even funny to talk about... but I dont.  Perhaps Ill pop back in later when Im in a better mood.... GRRRRRRRRRR I have to go.... Hubby has discovered I have a moment to myself... and has decided he NEEDS to eat!    No rest for the weary.....

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2008, 07:06:55 PM »
Lori

How are things I gather T had his 2nd op when I was away. How are you ? SOund slike you have been having a rough time and I so wosh I could do more to help you. Just know I am thinking of you all  :-*
11/5/07 LR right knee and cartilage tidied up
6/8/07 Knee aspiration, steroid injection- more physio
22/8/07 Knee to be scoped for answers
16/5/08 Patella stabilisation for  subluxations
24/6/08 Infection -hospitalised for a week. Debridement surgery
21/11/08 Repeat patella stabilisation performed

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2008, 11:59:41 PM »
Hello everyone.... I have been busy today... morgan  had Girlscouts and I needed to pick up a few things at the store so I had Dave stay with Tyler.... He was ok cause the Bills game was on... and they watched it together.. Then he called me to run to the grocery store and get him some sausage for this dip the men around here like to eat while watching football..... In order for me to have the time to go get this he had to take the girls... to youth group meeting... He did not want to, and said it was because he had a few beers... Whatever... I got what he wanted only to find out.. he did NOT even make arrangement to take them.. But wants dinner... Football.... and beer.... and Im sure by the end of the night he will tell me he has no clean socks for work tomorrow.... GRRRRR He is frustrating me sooooo bad. I just need a break... and I cant do it all!!!  While I was gone... he never fed Tyler... and  did not do anything to help me out at all..... he actually made more work for me!!! and ate all the Halloween candy I worked so hard to get for Tyler.... I swear Im going to snap.....

I need to watch my temper.. cause I dont want to say the things that are on my mind in front of the kids... and Im sure he will feel really bad once I let loose....  Its not just him that Im angry at... Its a compilation of things that are getting to me... I NEED ME TIME>> and have not gotten any in a while... I want my couch... My TV... My shows.... and MY remote....with now one to bother me.....Is that too much to ask? For One night?  I can only take so many showers... (thats the only place I can go to get away..) Tyler's friends dissed him again this weekend... My sister told him he was freekishly skinny... and my neice brought her friends over like He was some kind of show n tell.... Telling him... Stand up Tyler... I want them to see how Tall you are... HE CANT!!!! Dummy. Then made him feel bad for not going trick or treating with them  ... Tyler got angry... What part of I CANT dont you understand ?

Mom went home for the night.. she has to work tomorrow.. and will be back tomorrow night... to spend the week.. She took vacation, and wants to spend it here.. perhaps I can get her to help me out nex week..... 
Sorry my post is soooooo angry.... I just needed to  get it out.... I gotta go...     Later...   lori

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #231 on: November 03, 2008, 01:22:30 AM »
Wow!  Sounds like you've got a lot of reasons to be angry Lori.  How do you finally get "ME TIME"?  Do you have to flip out to get it?  Do they make a waterproof TV you can put in the shower?  I can see it now..."Tyler, go and see if your mother has come out of the shower yet it has been hours and I think I still hear the water running". 

I really hope your Mom can continue to help out.  You're being stretched pretty thin.  Hope tomorrow is a better day!
05/09  MUA

Offline 3Diggersmom

• Regular Poster
« Reply #232 on: November 03, 2008, 02:00:10 AM »
Hi Lori,
You need to take your hubby aside, maybe outside and give him a piece of your mind  >:(!  I know he is probably a good husband and father, but I don't know what ailes them sometimes....but something does and they need a wake-up call.  You do so much for everyone in your family you get taken for granted sometimes....like today!  Men don't get that on their own....he's going to need it pointed out to him.  I hope your mom is able to give you a chance to rejuvenate someplace, even if its going out to lunch with friends or seeing a movie.   Hang in there, we are here for you  :)!
9/07 Subluxations of LK began-soccer
10/07 2nd sublux of LK-basketball
11/07 Arthro of LK to remove loose body
12/07 3rd sublux. of LK-bball
1/08-8/08 PT
8/17/08-violent sublux of RK, fract cartlg behind patella-bball
8/23/08-open surgery on RK, 3 screws, NWB 10wks, PT
11/11/08-2nd surgery scheduled

Offline Sore knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »
I understand from past experieneces how you feel and I do think you need to have even 20 mins alone with your hubbie for a coffee and tell him how exhausted you are and the examples of the other night. I am sure when he hears it like that he will try and help. If you dont I know from personal experienece the frustration builds up until you want to explode and the anger increases.

You do deserve some me time and you are a strong, dedicated Mother and wife and you need some down time. This has been tough on T and your family but also you as you are worrying for them all. You are amazing - and although we all know you are indeed superwoman  :D its ok to say you know what this week I need a night out to see a friend or to have a bath or to lie and read a book.

You know we are always here for you.

Take care and hang in there ! :-*
11/5/07 LR right knee and cartilage tidied up
6/8/07 Knee aspiration, steroid injection- more physio
22/8/07 Knee to be scoped for answers
16/5/08 Patella stabilisation for  subluxations
24/6/08 Infection -hospitalised for a week. Debridement surgery
21/11/08 Repeat patella stabilisation performed

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
Thank you all for the support guys.... I really appreciate it. I dont loose it often... and I guess this this time it will just have to wait... as my anger has now turned into ...WHATEVER>>>>  I just dont have the energy to be angry anymore... IM SICK. My chest is tight... and on fire when I cough... and my body feels weak.... My voice had been reduces to a whipser... (not sure if from the cough... or the stress, as that sometimes happens to me) but I guess this screaming match will have to wait. lol  Boy did he get lucky! lol 

Its just me and T today... which is nice... it will be quiet... and I can get some things done around here without turning around to find them UNdone again.... Tyler has Thearapy at 1 today... and Im going to try to get him in the shower.... He is SOOOOO gross. Somehow I need to get him a haircut...His hair is as long as mine.. and at times I cant tell if he is awake or asleep cause he looks like cousin IT.    His knee is still very sore, but he only wants to take ibuprophin...the constipation caught up to him and he hates that..... But yesterday we had to make that Trip upstairs.. to the big bathroom....lol  ( another reason He was angry... he did not want DAD to take him... so he waited for me... My husband is way more capable to assist in the getting up the stairs thing.... but for some reason he does not trust him to be gentle with his legs....    It was funny to see me get him up there... I had to hold both of his legs.. as he scooted one step at a time on his butt,,, at the top of the stairs.. on the floor  in front of the toilet... he looked at me  then the toilet...then back at me... and said... "Now What ?"  That potty may as well had been Mount Everest....The stairs were the foot hills  but that toilet was the peak ! We managed to get him up onto the side of the tub...then onto a chair... then over to the toilet........errrrrrr ummmmmmmm  now what? Im not sure how he gets his shorts down... but that is his thing... not mine. I would not mind helping him but OMG that would be just HORRIBLE..... if his MOM had to help him with that too..... Needless to say the entire experience is an ordeal....... then we have to come back down...... phew.....

The big bruise on his thigh has pretty much gone away... but its weird how big red hot spots keep popping up on different parts of his leg... today they are on the inside...under the knee... you would think that since the whole thing happened at one time... that it would bruise at the same time too... but no.. it doesnt.   It makes it very hard to put the brace on... this one just does not fit the same as the other one... and its very painful to put on.... ??  Even though its very loose arounf the calf... it hurts for the brace to even touch the skin..... why is that I wonder....

Im going to go enjoy a moment of silence.. as I wont have time later....and there is no school tomorrow.. Voting day.... I think Im going to close my eyes and just pick one! lol   But Ill check in on you guys later... Thanks again for letting me vent yesterday.... Now that Im past the Really angry... Ill start planning my revenge... hummmmm ex lax and chocolate tast the same    right????   lol  any other ideas ? Im open to......          Hugs   Lori

Offline Thekaratekid

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2008, 03:19:40 PM »
Hey Lori,

I think you have the patience of a saint! I would have blown a long time ago! You deserve to be treated with respect and for the whole family to appreciate what you do. I'm worried about you, you really need some rest so that you don't get any sicker.

I do have a suggestion for ya but it is a tough one...

When I was 14 my Mum had enough of doing everything for me and my Sister and my stepdad so she went on strike for 3 days!!

What she did was stopped doing everything for everyone, we suddenly had to cook, clean iron the lot, it really made a difference and we then appreciated everything she did for us. She didn't tell us it was only for 3 days and it really was a shock to the system.

I know Tyler really needs you right now but how about going strike except for anything for you and him, it will be very hard but at least it will give you some you time, the others will be fine (maybe if you wait till the weekend or something so the kids don't miss school and your husband will be at home so can take of them). We never to took our Mum for granted again after she did that lol I'm sure it would work you if you can persevere and don't tell them its only for 3 days.  :)

What do you reckon?

Trace x
23/07/08 - MPFL Reconstruction
28/11/07 - LR (Failed)
4 years of physio and acupuncture
23/12/03 - Arthroscopy
7 years of physio, insoles, brace, MRI scans and Xrays
1996 - knee problems started

Offline Davori

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
ohhhh Trace... I wish I could.....! That would teach them.... but If I continue doing for Tyler and not the others.... My poor daughter would have a melt down..... She doesnt understand that he NEEDS me to do things for him as it is... so she has been feeling so neglected lately... But your right... Im pretty patient... and you know what they say.... vengance is best served cold.... the question is.... can I wait a few more weeks.. to go on strike?  Ill try... but I need to do something NOW..... maybe Ill turn all thier underware pink! on accident of course... lol 

The men working outside my house on a water line today just came to the door and asked us to leave because they accidently cut a gas line......GREAT! JUST GREAT! Where am I supposed to take Tyler ? I explained the situation...and they are going to try to get someone her as fast as possible...... I guess the Pink undies will have to wait.......... later guys.......   Lori

Offline lenorem9

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »
Here's your opportunity Lori.  Take Tyler to a hotel while the gas line blows up your house and the  insurance company will pay for everything!  LOL  Not funny I know.  Hope things looks up for you soon. 
05/09  MUA

Offline rouprak

• Regular Poster
« Reply #238 on: November 03, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »
Hi Lori,.

Thought i would take the time and read through your post op diary - from a mothers eyes, seeing as you have been so great with me!

Poor you and Tyler! Sounds like an ordeal but hopefully now you are coming to the end of the road. Did you manage to get the gas leak sorted or are you still out of the house! What a complete nightmare, i bet you feel like pulling your hair out!

You sound like a complete saint and i bet your son would just not be able to cope without you! It will all seem worth it at the end and i do believe in kharma so you must have a whole heap to come your way!!!!

How are the tummies now? Worst possible time to all get ill!

Hang in there!

Hugs, george xox
1992 - Growing pains!!!
1996 - ACL injury skiing
2003 - Charity wlak 60km! AGONY, MISTAKE
2003-2008 PHYSIO
24 Oct 08 - TTT/LR
Jan 2010- screw removal, arthroscopy and chondroplasty

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #239 on: November 03, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »
K Lori...I have the perfect idea. ;) Lets escape. Somewhere warm, tropical. Just get away from everything.  :DGoshhhhhh wouldnt that be perfect?? ;D :D A nice, sandy beach somewhere, with lounge chairs, tropical drinks, and no stress!! ;D OMG....I could so use that right now. And you definitely can too. Doesnt it suck how everything just seems to keep piling up and up and up, and we are supposed to remain that Rock of Gibralter?? Then that one day comes where we just cant take any more and want to blow up on the next person who even looks at us the wrong way. Grrrrrrrrr.....I feel your pain. Boy do I ever. So dont worry, you arent alone. What you are feeling is quite natural. You have had a long haul. But you are one tough cookie. So try and hang in there, and not kill anyone in the meantime. 8)

I have to say the gas company issue would have put the icing on the cake for me. Let me know what came of that whole situation. When does mom get there?? I hope she can help you out this week. You need a break.

Hang in there......

DONNA
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC